Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:11 PM

One Man and his Campervan

This has just been on BBC 2, anyone watch it?
Now I've got my grumpy old woman head on, I've grumbled all the way through.
He raved over the fact, all the way through the prog, that campervans give you such freedom, you can cook what you want, when you want, sleep where you want, stop where you want.
No you cannot
People in campervans are a real pain around here. There are limited places where you can park, on road, for free. These places are always full of campervans with people who have a free holiday at the road side.
Where do they go to the loo?? OK they have loos in the vans but surely they have to be emptied? Where??
I blame the council for not enforcing Bylaws.
OK rant over
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2011, 07:50 PM
We use to have one when we sold the boat. Loved it but a pain to drive ours was an old Bedford.

Agree about people parking them where there is limited space luckily we rent our parking bays so didn't take up any space and we did check the neighbours didn't mind seeing it from their upstairs windows.

You moslty have to go onto caravan sites now and they have special places to empty the toilets the same as with boats they have chemicla loos in them.

We also didn't like being so close to others when on sites when we had the boat it was mostly empty we knew all the out of the way places and if places got a bit crowded you took up your mooring pins and moved to somewhere quieter. Can't do that with a caravan or camper van not that I am aware of anyway.