Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyTwilight
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Reply to : Sarah88
I prefer the books myself, more story!!! lol!!
I know Fallen, Got it, haven't got round to reading it yet but look forward to it. Forgot to post also love angles and demons!! Will have to edit!!
Tried True Blood episodes and heard it's got really good story line. But it got to 'graphic' so turned it off. I'm trying books but want to watch series.
Try it again in a few years!!!
Funny how i can read it but can't watch it!!!
MistyTwilight
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Think the sense of morality Edward was given as a vamp attracted me to him and then as Jacobs part grew in the series I was torn and then the six pack and after the haircut on Taylor Launtner in the movie well Hey how do make a decision lol !
Too True!!!
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

30-01-2011, 10:07 PM
One word BUFFY. All over now but still very very good.

Just watched the film ''let the right one in'' very good, best horror I have seen for a while. The film is swedish (subtitled), I see hollywood have remade it.

Read the book of it too, very good as well.

Anyone watch being human?

Adam
MistyTwilight
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
A begrudging Twilight fan here! Love the soundtracks and think the movies are a laugh but thought the books were rubbish Team Jacob all the way!

Have you read The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice? Probably one of the most famous vampire series. They get a bit daft after Queen of the Damned IMO but the first 3 books are fab! They were also made into a movie (Interview With A Vampire) which is really cool but I definitely prefer the books!

Another one to read/watch is Let The Right One In by John Lindqvist. It's a little weird and the book isn't for everyone but the movie is really great! Make sure you watch the original foreign film (Let the right one in) rather than the modern Americanised version (Let me in) because the new one is, pardon my french, crap!

Did you read the novella published by Stephenie Meyer? It's called 'The Short 2nd Life Of Bree Tanner'. I quite liked that actually, preferred it to Twilight!
I'm a bit mushy when it comes to forbidden romance so prefer books.
Haven't read Anne Rice yet, but loved film one of my favourites!!!!
Haven't got round to reading Let The Right One In, looking forward to it. Seen ad for film can't wait to see it!!!!
And I'm trying to get my hands on The Short 2nd Life Of Bree Tanner!!!!
MistyTwilight
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
One word BUFFY. All over now but still very very good.

Just watched the film ''let the right one in'' very good, best horror I have seen for a while. The film is swedish (subtitled), I see hollywood have remade it.

Read the book of it too, very good as well.

Anyone watch being human?

Adam
Saw Buffy when first came out, loved it!!
Being Human, Very Silly But Funny, got a bit of a slow story line though. I like the Ghost Girl best.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by MistyTwilight View Post
I'm a bit mushy when it comes to forbidden romance so prefer books.
Haven't read Anne Rice yet, but loved film one of my favourites!!!!
Haven't got round to reading Let The Right One In, looking forward to it. Seen ad for film can't wait to see it!!!!
And I'm trying to get my hands on The Short 2nd Life Of Bree Tanner!!!!
The ad is probably for the latest Hollywood remake, sadly! They've butchered it, a real shame as the Swedish version and the book are so interesting and original!

You really have to read Bree Tanner! I think they have the audio book on youtube (I listen to it while I do work!) but you'll probably prefer to read it if you're a book lover!

Have you listened to the Twilight podcast called Imprint?! I'm addicted!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2011, 10:26 PM
twilight, too wimpy, too girly, too soft

try true blood
MistyTwilight
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
The ad is probably for the latest Hollywood remake, sadly! They've butchered it, a real shame as the Swedish version and the book are so interesting and original!

You really have to read Bree Tanner! I think they have the audio book on youtube (I listen to it while I do work!) but you'll probably prefer to read it if you're a book lover!

Have you listened to the Twilight podcast called Imprint?! I'm addicted!
I'll have to look for original movie!!!!
I tried audio but prefer to read, I'm confessed reader-a-holic. LOL!!!
Sorry, not got a clue what a podcast is but if you could give me a link I'll be very greatfull!!!!
MistyTwilight
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
twilight, too wimpy, too girly, too soft

try true blood
I'll try it in a few years!! Thanks!!!!
P.S. I am a girl, and I also hate girly things, but love supernatural romance!! LOL!!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by MistyTwilight View Post
I'll have to look for original movie!!!!
I tried audio but prefer to read, I'm confessed reader-a-holic. LOL!!!
Sorry, not got a clue what a podcast is but if you could give me a link I'll be very greatfull!!!!
Haha I'm a massive book worm myself so I know what you mean! Have to admit, I do like audiobooks for when I'm doing art though as I can just stick them on in the background!

A podcast is like a radio show but they record one show at a time and they usually come out in regular installments like a TV series would The Twilight one is run by some fans and usually lasts about 45 minutes/an hour. They basically cover any news relating to Twilight and Stephenie Meyer (The Twilight books, the movies, any new books she releases) as well as discussing the books and various things about them and also taking email questions from listeners It's really good!

Here's a link to their website
http://twilightsource.com/imprint.php

You can either listen to it via the link by clicking 'listen now' or you can go on the itunes store and search 'Imprint podcast' and you can subscribe to it directly through itunes It's free too, which is great!
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »