View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kerriestaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2005, 09:50 AM

Anyone going to EASBT Champ Show? Or any show advice?

I was hoping to get a bit of advice about the show-Its my first champ show, and I have only been and watched one before. It was packed with people and dogs and very excieting-the trouble is I am so nervous, Im not sure how early to get there or what to wear. Whats it like for parking? Does this show normally have a large entry? Molly will be in Puppy class, and she will be fine if she behaves, but its me thats the problem! I feel sick just thinking about it! Ive done three shows, two limit one open, and I thought I may feel a bit more confident, but at the last show-I was physically sick with nerves! I really need to pull myself together, because I'm fine when Im actually out there-its just before
I go to ring craft monthly but have had to miss the last two, because Molly was in season for one and we had a sad loss of our GSD on the other
My OH isnt really into showing, so if he stays at home with the kids-I'll be on my own (which in a way is better, because no pressure) but on the other hand I'm on my own!!
I know its hard to believe after what Ive just said-but I do really enjoy it and its the only hobby I have that takes me out of the house and away from my mum/wife duties so I dont want to be beaten by my nerves. I am really not worried about winning anything (I know Mollys not perfect ) I just want to enjoy my day with her-any advice?
venus
Dogsey Junior

19-05-2005, 12:04 PM
hi kerriestaff,

i also get really nervous before going into a show, my advice to you is just be calm take a few breathes in and out and make sure the dog doesn't know your nervous, if she picks up on it, then she will play up. i imagine everyone naked, it really does help me!! just make sure your dog enjoys it and you enjoy it, remember you are only in the ring for a small amount of time!!. i would get there in enough time to settle your dog and your nerves!!. if you rush it will all fall apart as you will panic!! just treat it as an open show and you will be fine, anything else for example if you get placed is just a bonus!! i would wear something smart trousers and a top, but just make sure your trousers are not the same colour as the dog, i was given that tip and i think it was a good tip, as you don't want to blend in the dog!!. i have two black/brindle dogs and i wear grey trousers and a black shirt. hope this helps!!
ps. good luck!!!! let us know how it goes!!!!
kerriestaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the tips, I'll have to invest in some new trousers then, because mine are all black-and I dont think jeans will be appropriate! Mm dont know about the naked thing, may stop me concentrating :smt044
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi Kerriestaff I may well be going to the EASBTC show. If so I will come and find oyu, what's your dogs kc name so I can look you up on the catalogue?
Oh, mind you EASBTC is usually unbenched isn't it?
Well, I'm going anyway and would love to say hi! I am taking Bailey but I have entered her NFC so am not showing.
As mentioned, light trousers are the best for a darker dog.
Don't worry, easier said than done I know!, all the people there are looking at their own dog/s so don't feel that people are staring at you because they're not! The only way to help your dog relax is for you to do it first!! EASBTC is a great friendly club, I joined in 1991 and I love it.
Sian
kerriestaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi Sian, it will be really nice to meet you Mollys kennel name is 'Darkestock Hot Favourite' we are entered in Puppy. I went out and bought some light trousers today (and made sure they arent the type that show your bum when you squat down ) I am planning on staying a while so look forward to chatting with you if you make it there
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Ok, that'll be great, I shall come and find you.
looking forward to meeting you and Molly
just imagining you in a changing room asking other customers if your bum looks big whilst squatting down

Sian
kerriestaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Lol, my bum is big in any trousers, I meant the ones that actually show your.. um..crack/knickers/thong poking out of the top
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Oooh, hipsters ya mean?
yes, they can be a bit revealing when one needs to bend

Depending on who's judging, they may have been a good idea
Sian
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Hi Kerrie, I went to the show today, but, donut that I am, I completely forgot Mollys KC name so I couldn't come find you
Maybe next time
What other shows have you entered?
kerriestaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Hi Sian, did you watch the puppy class? Molly got binned she really played up and I got a bit flustered but I'm not giving up yet!!! Next show is 24th July Notts and Derby, got lots of work to do Hopefully we'll catch up with you next time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >