register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
grommit is offline  
Location: uk
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,963
Female 
 
15-08-2011, 07:23 PM

Diet help please!

Hi,

I have spent the last the last 2 weeks living on salad, fruit and all things healthy....

Now for some background i'm only petite and not aiming to lose weight just want to make a change in the appalling diet i'm used to

I'm an official sugar addictl
Give me cakes, biscuits, haribo etc etc and i'm one happy lady.

Well 2 weeks of eating healthy and i'm exhausted, not an punce of enehrgy and i feel awful. Surely i should be feeling better by now? I've been avoiding any sugary foods and at first thought it was the lack of sugar making me lethargic but surely that should have waned by now?

Any tips folks?

If this carries on i'm heading back to the junk food
Reply With Quote
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
MarchHound is offline  
Location: Cheltenham, UK.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,887
Female 
 
15-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Have you been checked for diabetes or underactive thyroid?

Just a thought!

I love junk food too but love veg and stuff too.... just the occasional pizza, or curry.. YUM! And I love pepsi max.... water is so boring! Ive had to compromise and have squash now. *humph*
Reply With Quote
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
spockky boy is offline  
Location: UK
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,009
Female 
 
15-08-2011, 08:02 PM
How about qourn foods? Swapping some meat meals for a veggie option!! Since my kidney problems, I have had to cut out a lot of meat from my diet... If I wasn't addicted to bacon sarnies I could easily become a veggie (saysshe who had a chicken nugget sanwhich!) and live of qourn alternatives!
Reply With Quote
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
grommit is offline  
Location: uk
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,963
Female 
 
15-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
Have you been checked for diabetes or underactive thyroid?

Just a thought!

I love junk food too but love veg and stuff too.... just the occasional pizza, or curry.. YUM! And I love pepsi max.... water is so boring! Ive had to compromise and have squash now. *humph*
I'm pretty sure i was checked for diabetes last year, i suffer from migraines and have had numerous blood tests.

I've been looking at the nhs website and i think i maky have been missing out on starchy foods in my new diet so need to
buy more pasta and potatoes

Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
How about qourn foods? Swapping some meat meals for a veggie option!! Since my
kidney problems, I have had to cut out a lot of meat from
my diet... If I wasn't addicted to bacon sarnies I could easily
become a veggie (saysshe who had a chicken nugget
sanwhich!) and live of qourn alternatives!
Oooooh chicken nuggets
We eat alot of quorn here already, meat is so expensive and i've always been picky about it anyway. We have the sandwich stuff and the pieces for stir frys etc. I think theydo chicken nuggets too dont they?
Reply With Quote
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
MadisonSale is offline  
Location: Southport, United Kingdom
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 229
Female 
 
15-08-2011, 08:17 PM
everybody needs a little sugar even if its in "healthy" form such as sweet fruits and berries. potatoes and starchy foods will give you a longer burning energy so should help you stop getting as lethargic as you are doing. also, iv found that if i go the gym etc a couple of times a week for a few weeks, i have more energy than if i don't go!
Reply With Quote
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
grommit is offline  
Location: uk
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,963
Female 
 
15-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by MadisonSale View Post
everybody needs a little sugar even if its in "healthy" form such as sweet fruits and berries. potatoes and starchy foods will give you a longer burning energy so should help you stop getting as lethargic as you are doing. also, iv found that if i go the gym etc a couple of times a week for a few weeks, i have more energy than if i don't go!
With the dog walking, full time work and 2 piggies to clean up after every day i'm not sure how i would find the time for gym I'm a bit of a gym phobe to be honest, i've always kind of fancied going but never got the courage up to go.

I think part of my energy problem is the silly shifts i have to work, my meals are at such random times of day.
Reply With Quote
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
spockky boy is offline  
Location: UK
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,009
Female 
 
15-08-2011, 08:23 PM
I do love the nuggets! Infact I had veggie nugget and wedges for lunch, and then a 'real' nugget sandwhich for dinner today!

I do love qourn chicken peices in tomato sauce with pasta! mmmmm! Those 'Chicken' peices on pizza go nicely too!

Qourn sausages and mash is another.

We recently used the qourn mince to make home made shepherds pie, with a hint of marmite, topped with a mozzarella and potato mash!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Another light but filling dinner I enjoy is 'real' chicken and bacon salad with croutons, oil from the bacon makes a nice dressing. I often have chopped up pepper in mine goes nicely too.

Ham, carrot and brocolli spagetti or salmon and brocolli is another favourite in this house.

Various fillings in pitta bread in nice. We often have steak & salad in pitta.
Reply With Quote
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
grommit is offline  
Location: uk
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,963
Female 
 
15-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
I do love the nuggets! Infact I had veggie nugget and wedges for lunch, and then a 'real' nugget sandwhich for dinner today!

I do love qourn chicken peices in tomato sauce with pasta! mmmmm! Those 'Chicken' peices on pizza go nicely too!

Qourn sausages and mash is another.

We recently used the qourn mince to make home made shepherds pie, with a hint of marmite, topped with a mozzarella and potato mash!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Another light but filling dinner I enjoy is 'real' chicken and bacon salad with croutons, oil from the bacon makes a nice
dressing. I often have chopped up pepper in mine goes nicely
too.

Ham, carrot
and brocolli spagetti or salmon and brocolli is another
favourite in this house.

Various fillings in pitta bread in nice. We often have steak &
salad in pitta.
Ooh what time shall i come round for dinner tomorrow? Loving the sound of lots of those meals
Reply With Quote
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
spockky boy is offline  
Location: UK
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,009
Female 
 
15-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Compliments to the OH!! he usually makes most of the dinner (but then I usually wash up and set the table!) as I get back late from doing the horse.

All of those however, I can and have cooked, and most are simple and quick to make... Shepherds pie too and be done in under an hour as we fry up the mince (takes 5-10mins) till it is almost done, then once the potato is boiled and mash shove it all together lol
Reply With Quote
Azz
Administrator
Azz is offline  
Location: South Wales, UK
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 18,570
Male 
 
15-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Can you list exactly what foods and meals you are eating now - it's difficult to make a comment without knowing what you're actually eating
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top