Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 05:40 PM

Agility question?

Just watching the agility and wondering if the distance between the jumps is measured (like they would be with Horses) particularly for a combination (row) of jumps.
Obviously a mixed group of dogs there would not be much point in measuring but when the jumps are big and close together surely they would be, especially seeing as most of the dogs are the same size ie. BC's.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Or what about flyball. What is the distance between jumps, does anyone know???
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Distance is measured---I used to do 4 strides of mine when I judged---very scientific. Flyball is measured ----we used to use a marked tape so I don't know the distance but it'll be on the BFA site somewhere.

rune
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 04:31 PM
i cant say for crufts but in general it is about four strides but afaik there is nothing in the rules to say it has to be as different distances favour different dogs.
the only changes between the three height groups is the height of the jumps and tyre and the width of the spread in e long jump

often in comps the courses are the same for small, medium and large they just change the heights
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Distance is measured---I used to do 4 strides of mine when I judged---very scientific. Flyball is measured ----we used to use a marked tape so I don't know the distance but it'll be on the BFA site somewhere.

rune
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
i cant say for crufts but in general it is about four strides but afaik there is nothing in the rules to say it has to be as different distances favour different dogs.
the only changes between the three height groups is the height of the jumps and tyre and the width of the spread in e long jump

often in comps the courses are the same for small, medium and large they just change the heights

Ok Thanks for the replies
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 07:07 PM
There is a minimum distance between obstacles, but not a maximum in agility.