Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
I can assure you my argument was not aimed at someone like you who clearly speaks our language and has settled over here You clearly are contributing to the benefit of this country which is wonderful and I welcome you all, its the ones who come to settle here, never have any intention of working, and free load off our schools, hospitals, government and pay no taxes etc. etc. So no you are very very welcome and offence taken I hope.
Ok thanks
Sometimes it's difficult to define who's mooching and who just has a really hard time. We have a lot of people from Spain handing in their cvs at the hotel, they're desperately looking for jobs. Their economy is probably worse than ours but that doesn't make it easier for them to find a job here and they might end up on jobseekers, something they never intended to have to do. Ah well, if this problem was an easy one to solve, it would have been done a long time ago!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2013, 05:58 AM
Hi When I was working,I was doing an audit in a chemist shop,two women had come in with vouchers for baby food and nappies,but they thought they could help themselves to just about everything,in the end the police were sent for and they were taken to the police station,but I heard later on they found a 1oyear old in the same area with a baby,she couldnt speak english,and she had taken things,there too, They were sent to a detention centre,and they were on the plane back home,evidently every week there is a plane and english staff have to go with them.Gemini54
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 09:13 AM
The serious serious majority of assylum seekers and refugees cross not 4/5 countries but just the boarder, hence the fast camps you get all over boarders of north African countries. You would actually need to be relatively socially mobile (well off) to get to europe.

I've no issue with immigration in the main, it's not a perfect system but nothing is. I'd rather have an open minded attitude to it than some of the intense racism you get in other western nations due to immigration. One thing that does worry me is I do see out and out islamaphobia covered up by a political/immigration stance. Which isn't acceptable. IMO
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
The serious serious majority of assylum seekers and refugees cross not 4/5 countries but just the boarder, hence the fast camps you get all over boarders of north African countries. You would actually need to be relatively socially mobile (well off) to get to europe.

I've no issue with immigration in the main, it's not a perfect system but nothing is. I'd rather have an open minded attitude to it than some of the intense racism you get in other western nations due to immigration. One thing that does worry me is I do see out and out islamaphobia covered up by a political/immigration stance. Which isn't acceptable. IMO
What's wrong with disliking Islam ?
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
What's wrong with disliking Islam ?
If you ask me, because you can't put all muslims in the same pot. Most of them aren't islamists. Islamism is a political concept while just being a practicing muslim doesn't make you an islamist or even terrorist, as many people believe. To reject immigrants on a basis of their religion is in my opinion neglecting their human rights.
Because if you ask me, a few christians could leave this country and it wouldn't be a bad thing. But I'm not making this judgement accorting to their religion but according to their actions.
It's fine if you dislike islam, that's a personal choice of yours. I'm not a fan of any extreme religions. But I don't think you should incorporate personal likes and dislikes of religions in political decisions.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
If you ask me, because you can't put all muslims in the same pot. Most of them aren't islamists. Islamism is a political concept while just being a practicing muslim doesn't make you an islamist or even terrorist, as many people believe. To reject immigrants on a basis of their religion is in my opinion neglecting their human rights.
Because if you ask me, a few christians could leave this country and it wouldn't be a bad thing. But I'm not making this judgement accorting to their religion but according to their actions.
It's fine if you dislike islam, that's a personal choice of yours. I'm not a fan of any extreme religions. But I don't think you should incorporate personal likes and dislikes of religions in political decisions.
Well said, Florence,Its like saying oh I dont like the Labour party because they follow the "Red Flag" not all of the labour are extreme right or left and its the same with Islam.
Gemini54
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Well said, Florence,Its like saying oh I dont like the Labour party because they follow the "Red Flag" not all of the labour are extreme right or left and its the same with Islam.
Gemini54
Labour party don't follow/use the red flag. also never had anything to do with the extreme right. debatable they have ever had anything to do with the extreme left t
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
Labour party don't follow/use the red flag. also never had anything to do with the extreme right. debatable they have ever had anything to do with the extreme left t
Keep the Red Flag Flying was a piece of music that was often played at Labour conferance and Union,maybe not since Tony Blair,as he wanted a change.Gemini54
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4