register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Grand National?
I think it should stay but changes need to be made 70 56.45%
I think it should stay with no changes 8 6.45%
I bet on it 16 12.90%
I don't bet on it 29 23.39%
I don't care one way or the other. 1 0.81%
I think it should be abolished 43 34.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 5 of 29 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2011, 07:17 PM
i didnt watch it but have heard nothing else today even when reading the news on the net the pics came up of it abs awful and 1 jockey fighting for his life
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Heres a stat for you Pidge, a true one though not made up.

1997 Aintree meeting was the worst for fatalities, there were 6.

Thats 6 over the 3 days NOT in the Grand national. Based on todays apparently lessening numbers, there were 335 runners at Aintree this meet. So how can you possibly come out with the 50/50 rubbish? This is EXACTLY how you lose all support.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Exploitation of animals for financial gain is disgraceful.

The greedier you are, the more shameful it is.

The riskier it is (suffering for the animals) the more heinous it is.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
50/50, WOW!! PLEASE show me where you got that from!

A Horse is a Horse, its not a human being, despite what you think, Horses are here for our purposes for the most part, we keep them, care for them, etc.. they are in most cases an animal to be used in some activity. Unfortunately sometimes they get hurt.
Total difference of opinions here. For me, an animals life is not so matter of fact.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-04-2011, 08:40 PM
50/50, WOW!! PLEASE show me where you got that from!

A Horse is a Horse, its not a human being, despite what you think, Horses are here for our purposes for the most part, we keep them, care for them, etc.. they are in most cases an animal to be used in some activity. Unfortunately sometimes they get hurt.
Unlike dogs, they werent bred that way.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 09:00 PM
http://www.examiner.co.uk/views-and-...6081-28488224/

165 horses have died in the past 12 months.

How many dogs died in sporting events that are there for enjoyment and money making purposes? Excluding greyhound racing, which is as bad if not worse than horse racing, imo.

How sad!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 09:08 PM
I cant believe the attitudes of some people! Horses are not here for our purpose and to do what we want with! It just shows the mentality of some people that they think that.

Saying that life has risk to excuse the deaths is a cop out! Those horses dont understand those risks, and its not an essential risk to take, it is a way for people to make money off a horse! Even poor Ornais' owner has come out and said that these things happen, yes they do but its people who cause them. I was sickened reading what that owner said! I dont want jockeys to be hurt, but at least if they do they go in knowing the risks!

Over the 3 days of the grand national, 33 horses have died since 2000. That averages at 3 a year. Now, maybe thats not a huge number considering the number of horses running but it is still 3 lives and 3 lives that deserve to live!

Some people sicken me more than I thought possible. How people can watch that and still support it is beyond me!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-04-2011, 09:27 PM

Animals are not here to serve us. To be used and abused by selfish, greedy, despicable humans. Neither is the planet some commodity that greedy lowlifes can rape for their own personal gain

Really disappointed to hear that from you Dawn I thought you had more respect for living creatures than that.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 09:28 PM
The arrogance of some members of the human race astounds me. Who decided that horses, or any animal for that mattee, are there for us to do with as we please? What an outdated view! People will be saying animals have no emotions next! So arrogant and so very wrong.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Animals are not here to serve us. To be used and abused by selfish, greedy, despicable humans. Neither is the planet some commodity that greedy lowlifes can rape for their own personal gain

Really disappointed to hear that from you Dawn I thought you had more respect for living creatures than that.
Dawn has disappointed me too. Such a shame
Page 5 of 29 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »