register for free

Dog News

Do not walk your dog here!

Can they really do this?

An MP has complained after seeing a sign posted near a popular park warning dog-walers to stay out of 'Islamic areas?.

Conservative Member of Parliament Jim Fitzpatrick alerted police and the local mayor about the sign after it was flagged up by one of the residents in his east London constituency.

The sign, which was spotted on the railings of Bartlett Park, reads" 'Do not walk your dog here! Muslims do not like dogs. This is an Islamic area now.'
Full story and photographs here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mic-areas.html

Can this be real?

Your comments and views:
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Well it's either right-wing extremists trying to conjure hatred towards muslims, or it's muslim extremists making an equally stirring statement.

Either way, it's not real, it's not and never will be a law and I would simply ignore it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2014, 07:31 PM
They're trying to bring Sharia Law into these areas as well. I bet they can be very threatening if some of them do meet up with you walking your dog
How is it that if we go and live in a foreign country we have to abide by their laws, but if they come and live here we have to change our laws and way of life to suit them
lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2014, 07:51 PM
I can believe it, I have seen video of groups of Muslim men confiscating alcohol in the same area... I myself have been told I will die 1000 painful deaths as i drink alcohol.....i know from reactions I get to Louis dogs are really an issue
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2014, 07:56 PM
I think if living in England and obeying English law is such a problem to them, then they should go back to wherever they came from, and don't slam the door on the way out either.
Wake Up Mr Cameron!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2014, 08:25 PM
The trouble is many come from the UK, but want to turn this country into a Muslim state.

Sadly the sign could be written from either side of an extremist group, but i believe it could be true,...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2014, 08:30 PM
If they don't like our lifestyle then they should go somewhere that has a lifestyle they approve of, don't care if they were born here or not really. I was born here and most times I no longer recognise my own country.
After the recent elections it is not only the people of this country who have voted with their feet, it is all over Europe, and the people who have let all this malarky creep in need to listen before we find ourselves strangers in our own nation
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2014, 09:01 PM
It is not a fact that Muslims don't like dogs. I highly doubt that Muslims would have written that sign as it generalizes their entire religion. To me, the sign almost had to have been written by people opposing Muslims trying to make them look bad. Makes no sense the other way around.

Also, in the UK, USA, and many other places... there are people of many different religions. To push them away (or generally talk down on the entire religion) because of a sign that I don't believe was even written by them is horrible.

YOU do not own a nation, and YOU do not have the right nor the power to dictate who should and shouldn't be allowed there. Muslims have just as much of a right to live in Europe as any other religion.

The sign could have been written by either side, tawneywolf. Anyway, regardless of their actions, there are bad and radical people of all races and religions. Try not to generalize an entire religion like that, it's a bad thing to do.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2014, 09:16 PM
I may not own my entire nation, but neither do they. So therefore they should not be telling British people what they can and can't do in their own country, neither should they be creating ghettos which are no go areas, and where there are people living their entire lives out who cannot and will not speak a word of English. If they don't want to integrate there is no point them living here is there, so they should go somewhere that has the lifestyle they want instead of imposing it on the existing people.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Agree with Florence - whoever did it wants to stir up trouble - looks like they succeeded. I'd walk my dog as normal, as well as rip down the posters
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top