register for free

Dog News

Dogs Trust Go Bananas Over Abandoned Puppies

Staff at Dogs Trust in West Yorkshire were in for a bit of a shock, when a member of the public brought in two banana boxes taped shut, full to the brim, not with bananas but with puppies.

The man had found them in a supermarket car park, and after hearing muffled whimpering drove the boxes straight to Dogs Trust in Leeds.

Upon peeling back the tape, staff discovered eight adorable Labrador cross puppies, four in each banana box. The puppies were in an appalling condition, covered in their own faeces. It seemed that they may have been in the box for some time with little air, and without room to stand up straight.

The puppies were immediately seen by a Dogs Trust vet, who ordered a much needed bath, but apart from that signed them off with a clean bill of health.
http://www.pulse2.net/news/local/dog...doned-puppies/

Thank goodness they were OK but to dump them in sealed boxes? Supposing they had not been found when they were - words fail me.

Your comments and views:
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 08:36 AM
That is just awful. Thank goodness someone found them.
Dogs trust will do the best for them too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Makes me cry just thinking about it, how can anyone do this, appalling. Thank goodness they are now safe and it can only get better for them from now on
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Very upsetting, there really is no need for this to happen.
Thank goodness they are now safe and being looked after.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Horrendous & we call ourselves a nation of animal lovers???
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Poor puppies - hope they find who was responsible!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm lost for words at people these days. I read about a story where someone had tied a cat's 4 legs together, put a plastic bag over its head and shoved it down a bottle bank.

Thank goodness the cat was found and so were the puppies! If you need to 'get rid' of a pet there are more than enough possibilities nowadays to do this without being so cruel!!!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top