register for free

Dog News

Do You Smell? Gwent Police Want You!

While trying on my Clark Kent style roving reporter suit, my eye spotted a curious canine-related story.

It seems that the trainers of the twenty-one sniffer dogs, belonging to the Gwent constabulary, are running out of smelly places to train their dogs in.

The dogs currently learn in empty buildings, where it is relatively easy for the dogs to sniff out foreign objects amongst the twenty or so other scents.

The canine force, comprising of a dozen GSD dogs, and nine Spaniels and Labradors, are training to sniff out, amongst other things, cash, firearms, and explosives. (Oh, for a dog that could sniff out cash!)

The handlers are looking for buildings where a lot of people have been spreading their odours around. Places such as factories and schools, which would also have the benefit of some pretty smart and intense dogs adding a bit of extra security to the place. Obviously, the police want it when everyone has gone home, and at regular and convenient times.

Interested in helping them out? Call 01291 672245

Your comments and views:
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Maybe I should give them a call.. I'm sure they'd have their work cut out in my office! (total mess). Unfortunately they won't find anything, especially cash!
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I called but they said they can smell my office from where they are.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Lol surely it's not that bad! <shock>

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top