Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Angel44 View Post
Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread, but have you asked all your neighbours to check their garden sheds and garages? If he is nervous he may just hide away quietly and not make a sound. It's the not knowing that is the worst My thoughts are with you xx
No thats ok, have done just about everything possible to let people know.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
If somebody has taken him in, there is every chance he cant come home. you know what people are like when they have a new Cat, they dont let it out for a few weeks! When he is able, he will come home.
Dawn, if somebody has caught him, or enticed him in they deserve a medal, because he runs a mile from people unless it is Gorden, my 2 sons, or myself, unless of course he was hurt and couldn't get away. That is the only possible way I could imagine him being with any one else we rescued him as a kitten from our Neighbours lodger when she was away the lodger had treated him cruelly when he was meant to be looking after him and it took a week to get him from up the side of our shed then from under the car then he spent days hiding in every possible place he could find.
He wouldn't go back to her house even though we tried. He has a very good memory.
It took a long time for him to trust us when he did he repaid his trust 100 fold and has always remained loyal.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:32 AM
So sorry that you feel he's gone forever, Lynn. You know him better than anyone, and I suspect you have a strong gut feeling regarding what has happened to him.

The only comfort I can offer you is that IF something has happened to him, that it was quick and painless.

Of course, deep in my heart, I'm still hoping he'll return.

Huge hugs, sweetie x0x0x0x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
So sorry that you feel he's gone forever, Lynn. You know him better than anyone, and I suspect you have a strong gut feeling regarding what has happened to him.

The only comfort I can offer you is that IF something has happened to him, that it was quick and painless.

Of course, deep in my heart, I'm still hoping he'll return.

Huge hugs, sweetie x0x0x0x0x
Thanks Vicki, I hope too that if anything awful has happened it was quick and painless. Of course if he was hurt badly enough not to get away and someone has taken him in, that one day he may return to us, if he doesn't and he lives the rest of his life safe and warm that would also make me happy. Its not having the closure thats upsetting.
Goodness knows how I would feel if it was Ollie or worse still one of the Children. I really do not know how people get through that never knowing what has happened.
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 10 11 12 13