View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I never trained Jess to bring back the rabbits, she just drops them in front of my feet as if to say look what I've caught dad.

I must admit that I never allow her to eat them over the fields just in case it offends someone walking with their children, but she gets it back as soon as we get back home.
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 01:21 AM
You guys dont have to worry about the dog getting sick??? Im not sure if I would let mine eat it or not.....
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I must admit that I never allow her to eat them over the fields just in case it offends someone walking with their children, but she gets it back as soon as we get back home.
Probably a good habit for them as well, incase they ever catch something manky you don't want them to eat.
Lol, if it was my kids they'd be totally fasinated to watch how the dogs would eat it. Two budding zoologists.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Probably a good habit for them as well, incase they ever catch something manky you don't want them to eat.
Lol, if it was my kids they'd be totally fasinated to watch how the dogs would eat it. Two budding zoologists.

That another reason why she always gets loads of praise once she has come back with her kill. Because in the past is has brought some things back to me that I just wouldn't even touch, let alone let her eat.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by AussieGeek View Post
You guys dont have to worry about the dog getting sick??? Im not sure if I would let mine eat it or not.....
I dont think it's an issue, especially with raw fed dogs.

I keep telling Bryan to go and catch a rabbit for himself, but he hasn't learnt the trick of sneaking up yet - he sees the rabbit and goes straight after it. The rabbit usually sits there and watches him, then hops back into the bushes!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I dont think it's an issue, especially with raw fed dogs.

I keep telling Bryan to go and catch a rabbit for himself, but he hasn't learnt the trick of sneaking up yet - he sees the rabbit and goes straight after it. The rabbit usually sits there and watches him, then hops back into the bushes!
He's been taking lessons from Jet.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I've just noticed this topic's been moved.
How come? It's photos of a dog eating raw food.
I could understand if it was pictures of the hunt itself..
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Good point, I wonder why it was moved from the Raw Feeders thread where I first posted it?
We had a complaint about it and felt it was better in this section
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
Oh goodness. I would have thought a warning in the title would have sufficed?

It seems so silly that we can't have photos of dogs feeding on raw food within the raw feeding section. If people are offended by seeing animals feed on raw food, perhaps they shouldn't go into the raw feeding section?
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
But by putting it in the 'Other Sports & Working Dogs' makes my post misleading. Plus I would hate people to think that I use my lot to catch rabbits as a sport, because the law clearly states that hunting with dogs is illegal.

As far as I'm concerned if they catch a rabbit while we are out on a walk, then it's tuff luck for the rabbit.

I was thinking about those people that don't wish to see a half eaten rabbit, hence why I put it in the Raw Feeders thread.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Blinkin eck when Takara's caught rabbits (I say caught -the first one had already been caught and was laying dying so she killed it and the second had mixy and didn't take much catching) she wouldn't come anywhere near me, she ate both of them whole leaving nothing.

She's a pleasant animal.

Well done Jess - maybe you could teach Takara some manners!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »