View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Matt and Vikki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-02-2009, 12:23 PM
When I say South I mean beyond the Devon Border, as it seems anything to do with Malamutes seems to think that Devon and Cornwall have been sliced off of the UK !
I am on the AMWA committee and we have asked people to come forward who have potential venues for rallies and are prepared to organise them to come forward, as we would like to spread things geographically, but are tied to where people are willing and able to organise them, all organisations rely on the volunteers involved to set things up

We regularly travel several hours over a weekend to race, as the whole day / weekend is such a great social event
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Matt you won't get an answer from the OP of that statement as she was banned from Dogsey a while ago
Matt and Vikki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-02-2009, 02:34 PM
D'oh schoolboy error - not read post dates, thanks Louise
blakegsd
New Member!
Female 

11-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I love weight pulling, love watching the dogs it is fantastic I am just about to start with my American Bulldog Her Sire loved it and I am hoping now she is old enough she to will excel at it , if not Little bear my BassetX collie will have to keep it up although he looks very funny in a harness lol bit did manage 500lb on his 1st couple of trys lol lol
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I am sure it can be a great sport but i left staff forums because i was dissapointed with the amount of people interested in weight pulling and using flirt poles etc when, on the other hand, they also had difficulty with their dogs basic obedience and socialization.

I could not understand thier mentality comminting time and effort to teaching and coaching weight pulling when they had never put effort in to basic positive intelligent training and thourough socialization.

This is the case with a lot of working activities. If you watch the obedience and agility at crufts have a look at how well these 'obedient dogs' walk on a lead as they walk out of the ring!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Netpon View Post
This is the case with a lot of working activities. If you watch the obedience and agility at crufts have a look at how well these 'obedient dogs' walk on a lead as they walk out of the ring!
with agility it is mainly as they are so wound up after their run. they are not usually like that all the time!
nvidia
New Member!
Female 

09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
weightpull day 16th august here

http://s-a-c-s.proboards.com/index.cgi
VK's Crystal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I started weightpulling in Virginia (US) in 2002 with my german shepherd. We loved it and she would time out everytime then pull when the buzzer went off LOL, my pitbull has won 2nd place and 9 points toward her championship title in her first competition pull and took 2nd at conformation as well. We do it with our dogs as fun and exercise for the whole family, including our beagle and 7 year old daughter. Its healthy competition for all AS LONG AS YOU DON'T OVERWORK ANYONE (dogs or people)
steveo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-03-2011, 08:12 PM
We have been doing weight pulling events in the UK since 2005,We hold training days in Sheffield every single week for any one wishing to come along pm me not a problem we hold events all around the UK each & every year.
steveo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Kane showing off :P With Diddy off the lead IMO the Love&Bond between these 2 is out of this world !!!! You only have to watch them to see that
This video should be watched & learnt from Kane is a 12 year old boy who has worked his dog since the age of 8 years old on the track,Makes me so proud

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4