Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2005, 12:14 PM

Jacques in Denmark/Bird

Update again
This time without pics as my bf wasnt home to take any.

Had his harness on and went for a little walk outside with him.
Showed him his outdoors avarie and also the ponies.
He hang on pretty tight to my shoulder as saying "protect me mum" but was really good and calm

I have bought him a latter that he has tried out today too

He´s just doing so well, talks away all the time, eats like a pig and basicly being a very good and sweet boy
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Thats brill sounds like he has made himself right at home already he has found himself a brill home, what does Ally make of him?
Btw we want pics
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Glad to hear Jacques has settled well!
His feathers are amazing, almost metallic!

It was lovely to meet you again Amts
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Oh AM he is sooo beautiful!!!! Wow!

He is in the best of hands with you

Stunning - please start a Jacques thread like SB said...you probably already have and I'm too slow to notice

Hi Jackie, hope you are okay? If anyone on this planet could be as kind and caring to look after Jacques apart from yourself I believe it would be Annemette, he has gone to a wonderful home & I know AM will keep you in close contact with his progress.

Tillykke AM med din nye fugl

Originally Posted by amts
Home safely. Jacques was so cool on the way home.
Didnt make a fuss, didnt scream or shout, didnt seemed stressed. Just took it real nicely and was on his best behavior. No doubt in my mind its because of the way Jackie´s been getting him used to diff things and going places. It really payed off I think

When home he started exploring his new cage which is of course a bit diff from his useall one. He has tried out all his toys and seems to have found his favourite one:

Also this one has been tried out a few times:

He says "hello" a lot. Like he´s greeting all for the first time over and over again But in a way he is. It´ll take a few days atleast before he´s really settled in, but he´s doing so well allready. Eating, talking and playing.

His first night was peaceful. He went to sleep around 10 and we didnt heard a pip from him til around 7:30 where my bf was up to feed him and his sisters Then he was greeted with a "hello"

If any of you wants it, I´ll be happy to keep you updated on his life as a danish parrot
We couldnt be happier as it is right now. He´s worth all the trouble we´ve had with the authorities to get him here and also the days of worrying, not eating and sleeping
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Yay an update

Glad to hear he is settling in, and have been given the first short tour of the place

Glad to hear Ally and Gismo are taking it easy too

And yes, we want pics

J
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 08:59 AM
spooky.....I responded to the Birdwatch thread and my post has ended up on this thread

Really strange.

Originally Posted by maplecottage
Oh AM he is sooo beautiful!!!! Wow!

He is in the best of hands with you

Stunning - please start a Jacques thread like SB said...you probably already have and I'm too slow to notice

Hi Jackie, hope you are okay? If anyone on this planet could be as kind and caring to look after Jacques apart from yourself I believe it would be Annemette, he has gone to a wonderful home & I know AM will keep you in close contact with his progress.

Tillykke AM med din nye fugl
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Jacques looks very happy and settled in his new home, great to see! Glad all went well and he wasnt too stressed by the move!

How are you today Jackie must be sad having that empty cage, but knowing you sure it wont be empty for too long! Well done you did a brilliant job he is stunning!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Glad to hear he's settleing in well
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Jacques now has a thread of his own so thats why your reply ended up here Ingrid

He´s still doing well allthough he seems to be a bit naughty today Especially to my bf who he seems to think he can push around a bit (which he can ).

But we have started on some tricks now and he´s doing absolutly brill.
I bought this toy phone and introduced it to him today.
First time trying he picked it up when I made the ringing sound (or the phone did, you know what i mean right?).

I was of course sure it was just a lucky one so I tried again. This time he picked up the phone with his claws and said "hello"

Do I have to say I was laughing, praising and speachless at the same time

Here´s some pics of him to show you how well he is here in Denmark:

Harness on and ready to go:

When the world outside gets a bit overwhelming, he comes to mummy for comfert:

Thats sadly enough all the pics I have to show you now
I have to remember to take more pics and especially pics with me not in them as it seems to be all we have at this point. And I´m not gonna post them on here

Hope you like the ones I did put on and knowing I´ll take good care of the DW mascot
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2005, 05:32 PM
What a wonderful bird, he is just so clever, he should be on TV I bet you are so proud of him amts, Jackie has really done a marvellous job with him and put a lot of work into making him the gorgeous bird he is today. I never realised that they were so tame
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »