Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by amts
Not as tough as it sounds and I know atleast J and prob lots of others can tell you he will learn that soon too
Sorry I cant agree with ya, I find it very difficult..

But that's prob cos I have a lab with an identity crisis

I'm sure Oscar is doing just grand He's retrieving, so you are already way further than me and Luna
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna

I'm sure Oscar is doing just grand He's retrieving, so you are already way further than me and Luna
I think Lunaīs mumīs having a crisis too

If I remember correctly, a certain lab was doing great and had a very proud mummy when she kept the training up

"Someone" maybe needs to start up again and see how well her dog really is doing (and stop putting it down)

*AM off to see if she still has in writing how proud a certain mummy was back then*
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Love the pics he looks ever so happy and ever so fit just what a labby should look like.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Hiya Am
Hi Nat
Just a small tip, in a while, youīll want him to bring the dummy to you, sit in front of you keep it in his mouth nicely till you ask for it
Not as tough as it sounds and I know atleast J and prob lots of others can tell you he will learn that soon too
Wow one step at a time Am , i have only just started think we have abit to go till we get to that stage, and it really doesnt sound as easy as that to me but i know what your saying.

Just advicing you to go on your knees when he comes home with the dummy, pat your chest to make aim for that or atleast spread out your arms so heīll almost run in your face ( ) and gently get a hold of the dummy while saying thank you.
Later you can then slowly get him to sit in front of you and hold on til you ask him to let go of it
(Imagestation is playing up right now so will post a pic later and show you ok?):
Yes thats a good idea i usually go down to his level so he runs to me, but while i had to camera i couldnt really and wanted to take some pics so people could comment, and advice me on what to do next. But i will do that . And some pics would be great.

Btw: is the pics taken from diff retrievers? Or is he playing with the dummy comming home?
No its only 1 dummy i have but the pics were not in sequence they were taken on different retreives, so he was not playing with the dummy in those pics but he did try to once or twice on other retreives so i just took the dummy of him like you said to. Thanks for the advice
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 06:51 PM
I think Lunaīs mumīs having a crisis too

If I remember correctly, a certain lab was doing great and had a very proud mummy when she kept the training up

"Someone" maybe needs to start up again and see how well her dog really is doing (and stop putting it down)

*AM off to see if she still has in writing how proud a certain mummy was back then*
Oh okay, but doing it once or twice is not enough, now is it?

I can see in the videoes of Ally, that Ally and Luna are like 2 different breeds..

Ally is way more eager than Luna.. Luna is happy just trotting along... ofcourse I would love it, if she had just a tad of Ally's eagerness
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 06:56 PM

Hiya J sorry have to agree with Am on this one of course it difficult im finding it difficult too but thats no reason to give up oscar is not perfect by along shot but i will keep at it until he gets it and no he is no way near doing a retreive correctly, but still i will carry on until he can, come on J luna would love to do it, lets do it together and we are at the same stage to so can help each other out and i can give you that extra push when you need it Its you that gives up before luna will, keep at it, its seems you want to you could do it if you wanted
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by BorderCollieLvr
Love the pics he looks ever so happy and ever so fit just what a labby should look like.
Hey again, glad you like the pics there not great but i justed wanted to show you guys how we are doing yes he loves doing it he is so happy to do it, yes i like his build to, but then i think he is perfect
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Natasha
Hiya J sorry have to agree with Am on this one of course it difficult im finding it difficult too but thats no reason to give up oscar is not perfect by along shot but i will keep at it until he gets it and no he is no way near doing a retreive correctly, but still i will carry on until he can, come on J luna would love to do it, lets do it together and we are at the same stage to so can help each other out and i can give you that extra push when you need it Its you that gives up before luna will, keep at it, its seems you want to you could do it if you wanted
Hiya Nat

Well today we have started training "take it", so we are going to do this very very slowly....

She really really doesnt like it... I sit here tickling her mouth to get her to open her mouth, but she wouldnt.. I have to pry her mouth open. But have just got an advice from Kate, that I'm going to try....

But okay we'll do it together
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Hiya Nat

Well today we have started training "take it", so we are going to do this very very slowly....

She really really doesnt like it... I sit here tickling her mouth to get her to open her mouth, but she wouldnt.. I have to pry her mouth open. But have just got an advice from Kate, that I'm going to try....

But okay we'll do it together
Hiya J,
well im glad you are trying that a start, if you lived closer we could do it together and oscar can teach luna how to be over eager
Wonder why she doesnt like it oscar loves doing it, are you making it fun for her and keep verbally coaching her on? as she wont like it much if you dont and maybe she senses that? well i hope kates advice works for you
I will keep you updated on how oscar is doing you will all be borred senseless if you not already
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 07:52 PM
We'll go very slow.

Yea too bad we live so far apart.. I could really use some "hands on training"

I dont know why she doesnt like it..

She WILL retrieve sticks out on walks and on the beach.. But only a few times...
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »