Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by musky View Post
Sorry Borderdawn & x-clo-x I cannot justify killing anything, animals normally come here for our protection & care
Then may I suggest you dont moan about your chickens being killed by them. Keep them more secure.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Foxes are extremely wiley - both mentally and physically - but a simple electrified wire fitted in the way I have described really does work. We have foxes come into our garden regularly, particularly during the breeding season and I love to hear them quarreling over bones that Tai and Ben might have left out there. The other day I found Ben's bright pink kong down the bottom of the field on the set aside! I can only think that Reynard had snaffled it and carried it down there!
rossi roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:02 PM
its always upsetting to loose any of your animals our pond was cleared by seagulls while we were away but i couldent justify killing them live & let live is our motto
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 09:12 PM
So sorry for your loss we keep hens too and it is my worst nightmare for my girls. They free range when we are around but the rest of the time they are safely locked up in their run. I do feel a bit sorry for them but they are ex battery hens so they are used to a fraction of the space they have now. When they bok bok crossly at me for shutting them in I say 'remember where you came from and be grateful' They are quite lucky that with both mine and Dave's working patterns that they don't spend a massive amount of time in their run.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Then may I suggest you dont moan about your chickens being killed by them. Keep them more secure.
Thats a bit harsh
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Come on Dawn, are you seriously suggesting that just because someone doesn't agree with your advice then they're not entitled to their opinion?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Thats a bit harsh
Why is it? The title of this thread said "fox PROBLEM" Not "Foxes killed my chickens but its ok because we are all here to be fed and watered!"

Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Come on Dawn, are you seriously suggesting that just because someone doesn't agree with your advice then they're not entitled to their opinion?
Who argued with anyones opinion? Not me Rips. Again the thread title says "problem" to me that said its a problem to the OP. If you dont keep them secure enough they will get ripped to bits by Foxes, period. Deal with it or stop complaining about it.

Sorry, Im sick of hearing about these things, it drives me nuts. Its always poor chickens, poor Bunnies, poor Guinea Pigs. Keep them safer or deal with the FACT that people have encouraged Foxes into urban areas and they WILL eat your pets!

Did the OP not think the Chickens they CHOSE to keep deserved the "protection and care" they obviously think the Fox is entitled to?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 08:35 AM
I agree with Dawn....

If I had a fox attack on my birds (25 of them) I would do my utmost to find and rid myself of it, and if that meant getting one of the boys from the game-farm to come and shoot it, fair enough.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Hypothetically if a fox got into the outside cat run & attacked our cats we would then take measures to reinforce the run.

We dont leave the cats out at night. The wire is 'buried' in the ground which is supposed to be a deterrant to both pets digging out & intruders digging in. The run is covered in all over (top included)

I would NOT go out & hire the local marksman to bait/trap & dispatch the local fox population

The Poster now knows they have a problem & will set out to rectify it. They dont need condemned for voicing what happened!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Why is it? The title of this thread said "fox PROBLEM" Not "Foxes killed my chickens but its ok because we are all here to be fed and watered!"

Did the OP not think the Chickens they CHOSE to keep deserved the "protection and care" they obviously think the Fox is entitled to?
Might be better for you - as you are getting so fed up/annoyed, to omit reading these type of posts
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »