Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 10:32 AM

Halal Slaughter

It was brought to my attention that anyone can buy a pony at a horse sale and take it home, slit its throat and sell it as Halal meat Well anyone that is a muslim of course.

Apparently it is perfectly legal so long as you are pointing it east and saying a prayer over it to allah It is happening in this country right now. (Saves slaughterhouse costs)

Cattle, sheep and goats have to have a holding number to buy them so there is some tracability but with ponies they do not.

I was quite shocked.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 10:49 AM
It's horrible! We even have a halal butcher's shop in Norwich now and we are not one of the big multi-cultural cities.

I like the verse from proverbs that says "A righteous person is kind to his animals" and the biblical culture didn't have the concept of pets but it is still right to look after your livestock ethically.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 11:01 AM
That is gross....;(
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Do Muslims eat Horsemeat?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Do Muslims eat Horsemeat?
The one my sister in laws friend lives with came to visit & refused to sit down in the house until the "dog was removed" as dogs are "not clean". My brother refused & told the guy it was upnto him whether he sat down or not. The dog stayed put!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
The one my sister in laws friend lives with came to visit & refused to sit down in the house until the "dog was removed" as dogs are "not clean". My brother refused & told the guy it was upnto him whether he sat down or not. The dog stayed put!
But do Muslims eat Horse meat?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
But do Muslims eat Horse meat?
It appears they do.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/70320

rune
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 12:14 PM
My ex had to watch the halal slaughter of an animal in a slaughterhouse once, very distressing, but no more so than the chickens being shocked and it not always working. Then there us the fact that many young, male chicks are killed fairly horrifically.
I think before we question how others are with animals we should look to ourselves.

As for Muslims and dogs, they see a dog's saliva as unclean, if it touches them they have to go through a pretty intense
cleansing routine.
My neighbours are Muslim, I saw one of them this morning when out with Cosmo. It was a narrow path so he stepped aside for us and I kept Cosmo on a short lead.... Cue a cheery hello and mutual thanks and respect.

This thread is in danger of becoming them and us and racist. I won't comment further.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
It appears they do.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/70320

rune
Thank you.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
My ex had to watch the halal slaughter of an animal in a slaughterhouse once, very distressing, but no more so than the chickens being shocked and it not always working. Then there us the fact that many young, male chicks are killed fairly horrifically.
I think before we question how others are with animals we should look to ourselves.

As for Muslims and dogs, they see a dog's saliva as unclean, if it touches them they have to go through a pretty intense
cleansing routine.
My neighbours are Muslim, I saw one of them this morning when out with Cosmo. It was a narrow path so he stepped aside for us and I kept Cosmo on a short lead.... Cue a cheery hello and mutual thanks and respect.

This thread is in danger of becoming them and us and racist. I won't comment further.
well said....
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »