Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
That is ridiculous-----they could have been sitting out with the doors open. It is normal behaviour in summer in this country.

rune
They were not sitting out, where they, they claim to have been sat indoors watching TV, the fox it is claimed crept in and upstairs. The fact is anyone could of gone into that house and anything could've happened to those children. Who living in a high crime area like that , keeps their doors wide open , late at night , with their children upstairs??? When they themselves are sat watching TV, not in the garden , with the open doors in view in the case of someone attempting to get in??
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-07-2010, 07:45 PM
I can't believe it could even be questioned, the damage done to those poor girls, the state their poor mother was in on the show, i mean for christs sake! It's confirmed, not rumoured! The police found evidence in the blood splatters, saw marks in relation to where the fox has attacked, even the father said it was disturbing how the fox didnt shy away..then in relation to the fox at the door photographed by the police, i mean cmon people! These arent fluffy little creatures, these turn into frenzied killers at very little probing other than mainly a chase instinct, or noise! And as was stated on the show, small babies..about piglet/lamb sized (which foxes often take on a regular basis) crying, crying more when attacked, very easily would account for inspiring a killing frenzy. Unquestionable in my eyes, seen the damage they do, seen the massive difference in urban foxes lately, we have one which comes right up to the patio door despite snarling dogs throwing themselves at the glass!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Just a little aside about foxes, particularly younger ones.

We live in a semi-urban area, surrounded by countryside, so foxes round here are a mixture of urban and country (definitely not city foxes).
We knew of an active fox den in the field at the back of our house and often at night when I took the dogs out I would see a row of eyes watching from a distance on top of a little hill close by the den, so we knew there were a lot of young around that year.

One evening at dusk I took the dogs out into the field. My male flatcoat had a strong desire to chase foxes, cats and the crows, when he could, and he was big enough to get the better of a fox. A young looking fox appeared to be following in our footsteps, a little way behind, and Zac took great pleasure in chasing it. He came back (job done) and we went on - only to find that the fox had returned and was still following. Same thing - Zac chased it off and returned - and sure enough fox re-appeared and continued to follow. This happened several times and it seemed to me that the fox was "testing" or even playing with the dog. To me, this was not typical fox behaviour at all. I found it amusing but a bit puzzling.

The point of my saying this, in relation to the fox attack on the babies, is that sometimes wildlife does do strange things - out of character to what you would think their natural behaviour would be.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
They were not sitting out, where they, they claim to have been sat indoors watching TV, the fox it is claimed crept in and upstairs. The fact is anyone could of gone into that house and anything could've happened to those children. Who living in a high crime area like that , keeps their doors wide open , late at night , with their children upstairs??? When they themselves are sat watching TV, not in the garden , with the open doors in view in the case of someone attempting to get in??
The back garden was secure they showed it last night. It was one of the reasons they chose that house.

All this 'they claim' seems to indicate that you don't believe them?

Disgusting that they are not believed IMO.

rune
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Those poor baby girls were maimed and will bear permenant scars I have no doubt, that it was a fox, the urban fox is a different animal to it country counterpart... they are cunning and getting very daring, we see them here in broad daylight...
Surely a doctor can see the difference between bite marks and human cruelty, still feel sickened that a little boy is being blamed too!!
I have no love for the fox I am afraid, have seen too much damage that they do, not that I wish to see a cull either.
I for one wish those girls a quick recovery with no painful memories...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
ahh come one JB I didnt say the first bit of the post looked like my words. I said I understand how you got confused with me saying how it was unbelieveable for a fox to walk passed food, you thinking I meant it was unbelieveable that a fox could attack.

No, you did not, I did , and "as you say" it was understandable for anyone to misread it, I am talking about the opening sentence, not what you believe the fox could or could not do!!

As for misunderstanding your meaning regards the fox attack, I understand it perfectly, you doubt it happened, its evident in this and the other thread.
You think its odd a fox would walk past food, you think its odd a fox would walk up 2 flights of stairs, which indicates you dont beleive the fox has attacked, so in your opinion, who did ???

P.S, glad to oblige in your daily outlook
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
We are all entitled to our opinions and having watched the programme, seen the injuries too me there are too many inconsistancies, plus the parents body language didn't fit with the words!
Becky
Yes Becky, everyone is entitled to an opinion, its amazing though what some of those opinions are.

You have one serious conspiracy theory going on there.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I can't believe it could even be questioned, the damage done to those poor girls,No-one has said the children weren't injured the state their poor mother was in on the show, i mean for christs sake! I don't think she was in a state, both the parents were very stiff and bulgy eyed when being interviewed, yes she was upset at her babies injuries but she spoke of the fox bit quite easilyIt's confirmed, not rumoured! The police found evidence in the blood splatters, saw marks in relation to where the fox has attacked, even the father said it was disturbing how the fox didnt shy awayIf the fox was so unpeturbed why did the father not photograph the fox, he had time to get the camera out to take pictures of the girls, surely the first port of call is get the babies in a car and take them straight to hospital, not get the camera out!..then in relation to the fox at the door photographed by the police, i mean cmon people!A young cub, which I'm sure most here would say that a cub that young was capable of coursing the damage as they simply don't have the equipment, it was also not covered in blood which you would expect had it been responsible for the attck These arent fluffy little creatures, never said they were, I;ve seen the damage a fox can do to a dogthese turn into frenzied killers at very little probing That's not true, non of the foxes I've rescued in the past turned violent in any way, and these were urban foxesother than mainly a chase instinct, or noise! And as was stated on the show, small babies..about piglet/lamb sized (which foxes often take on a regular basis) crying, crying more when attacked, very easily would account for inspiring a killing frenzy. Yes I can see that a baby crying could trigger an attack but unlikely in this case unless you are suggesting that the parents ignored their babies crying whilst the fox popped upstairs to have a go. However, these were not new born babies they were 9 months old and therefore not lamb/piglet sized by a long shotUnquestionable in my eyes, seen the damage they do, seen the massive difference in urban foxes lately, we have one which comes right up to the patio door despite snarling dogs throwing themselves at the glass!
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Those poor baby girls were maimed and will bear permenant scars I have no doubt, that it was a fox, the urban fox is a different animal to it country counterpart... they are cunning and getting very daring, we see them here in broad daylight...
Surely a doctor can see the difference between bite marks and human cruelty,I just find it very odd that such deep wounds were only present on the top and only caused by the canines, a deep bite would result in a full mouth imprint on both upper and lower jaws yet the damage to both twins was only on the top. I defy anyone to bite something hard without using their lower jaw still feel sickened that a little boy is being blamed too!! Are you suggesting that you don't think a 4 year old child would be capable of injurying his siblings? Sibling rivalry is most prevelant at the age of these respect siblings and that can include acts of aggression/violence
I've just had as close a look as I can at the scars left on the children, not many pictures available, and I'm still not convinced.

ETA I don't agree with the abuse the parents recieved but I still have a right to question the validity of what they say.
Becky
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
The back garden was secure they showed it last night. It was one of the reasons they chose that house.

All this 'they claim' seems to indicate that you don't believe them?

Disgusting that they are not believed IMO.

rune
Disgusting that you appear to not appreciate that other people are entitled to have different viewpoints, to your own, IMO.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 07:57 AM
ETA I don't agree with the abuse the parents recieved but I still have a right to question the validity of what they say.
Becky[/QUOTE]

I agree xxxx
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »