View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: C2 poll - love 'em or hate 'em
Love 'em 31 64.58%
Hate 'em 10 20.83%
Un-decided (please say why) 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Over 65 cats!!!

So you're the weird woman of the village that all the small children are afraid of!
That's right, I wear a big hat, my house smells of stale pot pourri and I'm always at the bargain counter in the supermarket. No one has ever seen me out without my old winter coat on and rumour is I am a witch lol.

I didn't have 65 at one go, most I ever had was 13, which included two litters of kittens.... all of which were feral which we then tamed and rehomed with donations to charity before the queens were caught and spayed, before anyone says about unwanted litters.
I am so for getting your cats spayed and neutered.... the father of them all was a neighbours pedigree blue persian so they were beautiful kittens but oh my lord so many!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
That's right, I wear a big hat, my house smells of stale pot pourri and I'm always at the bargain counter in the supermarket. No one has ever seen me out without my old winter coat on and rumour is I am a witch lol.

I didn't have 65 at one go, most I ever had was 13, which included two litters of kittens.... all of which were feral which we then tamed and rehomed with donations to charity before the queens were caught and spayed, before anyone says about unwanted litters.
I am so for getting your cats spayed and neutered.... the father of them all was a neighbours pedigree blue persian so they were beautiful kittens but oh my lord so many!
I'm glad we managed to clear that up. As for the winter coat I don't even want to go there but I think you're mistaking the Pot Pouri for cat wee. Weird lady ;o)
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:37 PM
I love cats, before I went away to university and fell in with a bad crowd of people whose family owned and showed dogs I would have never considered getting a dog at all. I left home for uni with 4 cats at home with my mother, in my 2nd year of uni my main criteria for the house was a landlord that would let me have a cat. somewhere in the middle of that the dogs arrived too.

When i got my own house, being catless and mum refusing to let me have any of the cats she now considered hers I got 2 from the CPL, sadly they both had severe reactions to over the counter flea medication and Henry died, leaving George a very loanley cat, who my dad then kidnapped and took home to his, where he also has about 4 other cats.

So having been catless for about 6 years when i moved into my own home this year the first thing I arranged was to get a cat.... I ended up with 2, mother and son sphynxes, Gina and Hugo. Who are currently climbing all over me whilst chirruping and purring. They are affectionate, vocal, very sweet in a way only a mother could love and have the most amazing characters.

Though i am not speaking to hugo at present as he pulled not only my curtains down in the bedroom last night, but the whole of the curtain rail as well!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post

Your a lady after my own heart, I have lost track of how many I have had over the years, but my very first was Sandy a ginger Tom, which my parents let me have at 5 years old....cats have been with me ever since, But I have handreared 82 kittens over the years and only lost 4 to mother nature The largest number I owned in one go was 11....must be a mad cat thing
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Woody's breeders had a Shaun Persian (fox fight) called Hugo. I love the name, but am saving it for my son.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I like cats and have one myself, but what I'd really like is a cat that is independent, does as it pleases apart from wanting grub and sticks to pads up at me for anything more than that.

Unfortunately I have a cat who thinks she is a dog and she drives me nuts!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 10:00 PM

How could anyone be frightened of these
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post

Loved the bouncy mouse
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Whats not to love about cats? They are independant, defianant, clever and choose to be aloof or loving.
If you bring up a cat in your home you need to secure it in its definition of what the cat understands.
I bring abandoned cats into my home and welcome it to every room, every position I choose. That way the cat hates me for a while but respects everything in the end.
A thick jumper and gloves are optional
Take them to the loo, hear noises unusual, etc.
I have a feral cat here who loves the loo. The little weirdo. lol
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post

FAB!!!!!
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »