View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: C2 poll - love 'em or hate 'em
Love 'em 31 64.58%
Hate 'em 10 20.83%
Un-decided (please say why) 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I have two cats. I have a moggy called Anakin and a Persian called Casey. They are both four years old. Anakin was badly treated as a kitten and cannot tolerate being handled. He likes to be stroked and fed though, and he's very vocal. Casey came from a breeder and he's very confident but hates dogs and other cats. He hates being groomed so I clip him now. He hunts really well and very rarely eats cat food. He lives mostly on mice and birds, and probably other cats that he has murdered. I wouldn't have another though, because I have become allergic to them, especially Casey. Casey rarely comes into the house these days though as he can't stand being near dogs, even though they don't bother him at all.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I love puddy cats & have always had 1 or 2.
We lost Pippi 5 years ago age 12 she was a man's cat & full of personality.
This is Chloe who we have had for about 6 years so I think she is around 10 now. I took her from a nursing home when her owner died & the home wanted rid of her. She's fussy, arrogant & sneaky........ and I love her to bits. (Tilly does too) She need lots of grooming but loves it!

Ps I'd love a bengal cat or a grey tabby (like off the bacardi advert)
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Ohhh don't get me started on this one!!

Now don't get me wrong, i'd never harm a cat and i'll quite happily stroke them but i'd never have one as i really don't like them. My reason being:

A) They make me nervous, mostly because they claw when they sit on your lap
B) Up until recently they s**t in my veggie patch
C) They scare my birds away
D) They have an arrogance about them, it's almost like they know something about you but just sit with a smug look like they'll never let you know what. I don't like it
E) They rip open bin bags in our back yard

That's all i can think of at the moment! So no, i'm not a fan in short!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:01 PM
AWWW lovely Cats you folks!!

Cats were worshipped in ancient Egyptian times, they are so purrfect!! Untill you have lived with them, you cannot know what its like to have them share their lives with YOU. They choose to come home, they choose to be with you, they choose to come to you, they choose to stay with you. A Dog has no option!

My 6.
Wiggy.

Rowan.

Moosey.

Scooter.

Jessie.

Schnapps.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Ohhh don't get me started on this one!!

Now don't get me wrong, i'd never harm a cat and i'll quite happily stroke them but i'd never have one as i really don't like them. My reason being:

A) They make me nervous, mostly because they claw when they sit on your lap
Thats affection, Cats "knead" people they like as they would their mother when feeding.
B) Up until recently they s**t in my veggie patch
Yes they always help with gardening, fertilizing is a speciality, of course they always cover it over too.
C) They scare my birds away
So do you and your dog!
D) They have an arrogance about them, it's almost like they know something about you but just sit with a smug look like they'll never let you know what. I don't like it
Higher beings, quite literally. What you dont like is that you cant read them like a dog!
E) They rip open bin bags in our back yard
So do Foxes, Dogs and other animals. Of course you wont catch Leptospirosis or your dog sarcoptic mange from them though!!

That's all i can think of at the moment! So no, i'm not a fan in short!
Is that all? Pathetic, try again!! (kidding )
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post

Cats were worshipped in ancient Egyptian times, they are so purrfect!! Untill you have lived with them, you cannot know what its like to have them share their lives with YOU. They choose to come home, they choose to be with you, they choose to come to you, they choose to stay with you. A Dog has no option!

My 6.
Wiggy.

Rowan.

Moosey.

Scooter.

Jessie.

Schnapps.
ADORABLE
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
ADORABLE
Thanks, and where is the man himself?????
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Couldn't agree more Dawn Although I don't have cats any more I still adore them and can't pass one without stopping for a chat

Here are my ex cats

Cali

Ser
You talk to the cats? Are you the mad lady of the village whom all the village children are afraid of? ;o) KIDDING!!

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post

My 6.
Wiggy.

Rowan.

Moosey.

Scooter.

Jessie.

Schnapps.
OK, in LOVE with Wiggy but Schnapps looks like he wants me for tea!!! Eeeek!!

I think it's Norton I'm in love with.

This is my friend's Dog/Cat JayJay -

Now he's a cat I love!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Well, I was always a dog person. Then one night in the bar with my friend on holiday she convinced me that as i couldn't have a dog (working full time, living alone) I should have one of her cats (she had 5 and was having to move to a smaller house). So I agreed and then a few pints later she'd pursuaded me that 2 would be better than one as I was going to be out quite a lot.

So, Halibut and Mullet came to live with me. As Borderdawn says, you only really get to appreciate cats when you live with them. They have their own characters, are more than capable of making you laugh and are lovely to cuddle.

Mullet had to be pts about 8 years ago now - she'd been run over and lost her tail as a kitten and was never totally right. But Halibut lived to about 18 years old.

He was an amazing cat. Everyone loved him - even my MIL who was scared stiff of cats was happy to have him on her lap. He was a fiendish hunter - but very rarely birds - nearly always mice with the ocassional rabbit. He had no fear of dogs and before we got Kip he used to stroll around next door neighbours garden under their dog's nose, like he owned the place. Kip and Hoki lived in awe of him

Halibut (and the inspiration for my username Hali)....

Unfortunately OH doesn't like cats. He had a real soft spot for Halibut, but doesn't want anymore and as Halibut was so special, I'm happy with that.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:35 PM
OK photo's supplied
Grand Champion Ferndown Bumbleberry Flyer...or Norton

Sweet Pollyanna

Handsome Colin

The Old Gent himself...Skip

And our darling Bumble
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »