View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: C2 poll - love 'em or hate 'em
Love 'em 31 64.58%
Hate 'em 10 20.83%
Un-decided (please say why) 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 05:58 PM

C@ poll - love 'em or hate 'em?

I confess, I am not a lover of C@s! They're too scratchy and stuck up for my liking. the only ones I seem to get on with are funnily enough the ones that act like dogs!

So, being a dog forum I'm curious to know what you think of cats?

Pictures welcome but don't expect to convert me!! Although there is one Dogsey Cat I like, is it YoungStevie's maybe?

La Pidge

p.s. is it true that ginger toms are always male and tortoiseshells are always female?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I confess, I am not a lover of C@s! They're too scratchy and stuck up for my liking. the only ones I seem to get on with are funnily enough the ones that act like dogs!

So, being a dog forum I'm curious to know what you think of cats?

Pictures welcome but don't expect to convert me!! Although there is one Dogsey Cat I like, is it YoungStevie's maybe?

La Pidge

p.s. is it true that ginger toms are always male and tortoiseshells are always female?
Not always but nearly!
I'm afraid I am with you. I would never see any harm to a cat but I somehow don't trust them. They quite suddenly turn, spitting and scratching. They frighten me
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I dont love them but do really like them! esp big posh cats like Maine Coons!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:11 PM
A ginger tom is always male because a tom is the name for a male cat, but gingers are not always male, and yes torties are 99.99% female, there have been a few occasions of males but it's not often.

I love cats I have 6.
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I have a cat who is a total angel, he's never bitten at all. He only gave me a total of 2 scratches when he was a little kitten and I do love HIM! That said, I'll be sticking with one cat only and I don't think I'd have any more after Hamish. He's not even one yet ha ha!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Have to agree re Ginger and tortoiseshells. As far as I am aware you don't always get male ginger cats, but you do always get female tortoiseshells.

I love cats, I have Minx the Menace who thinks it's fun to wind between your legs until you give her milk, I've lost count of the amount of times she has been stood on. Mocha is our shy girl, she is fine if you pick her up but she won't voluntarily come to you unless there is food involvedAnd she loves being brushed! Minx being long haired needs it but detests it, Mocha is short haired and loves it. She needs it too cause she casts!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the info on gingers and tortoisers!

I'm more frightened of them than hate them too Granny Nippy. Although I love them to look at.

I like the big, massive grey ones with bright blue eyes - gorgeous!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Thanks for the info on gingers and tortoisers!

I'm more frightened of them than hate them too Granny Nippy. Although I love them to look at.

I like the big, massive grey ones with bright blue eyes - gorgeous!!
Although Minx does have yellow eyes she is a gorgeous grey blue colour. She does have the wonderful cat 'glare' though if she is annoyed with you.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I had a cat when I was growing up and I loved him to bits. I don't think I'd have another though. I like them, but don't love them.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:33 PM
I love cats but can't have them unfortunately, OH and son allergic to the fur. We always had cats at home when i was growing up. My favourite was a siamese called Cass - he was so affectionate and quite dog like in a lot of ways.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »