View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 08:42 AM
*when you spend more money on him a month than yourself - treats, toys, food etc.
*when you go out for dinner and find your bag and coat pockets stuffed with poo bags and sticky treats.
*when you forget about what you loook like because now if the right time to do something for him instead - training, walkies etc and you haven't even put your make up on.
*when everytime you leave the house you worry about him - should I have left a light on? Is the radio loud enough? Is there anything that could trap him/fall on him? Does he have enough water? Even though you know you have already checked these things.
*and finally, when life is just that bit better!! ;o)
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:15 AM
You try to buy cloths that dog hair does not show on, then think who cares and just get what you want.

If you stay up late a watch a film, you turn the lights down low and turn the sound down, just in case you disturb her when she is a sleep.

If your dog is not welcome, you don't go either.

If people don't like dogs, you don't really like them either.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Angel44 View Post
That's exactly why I bought my car - my dogs all fit in the boot comfortably
A note to the above...My OH works for a BMW dealership in chester (very posh ) We were there one Saturday, I can't remember why now, Anywhoooos there was a Mum and Dad and their small son there browsing. They had a small pup in their arms I think it was a Wiemeramer (sorry about the spelling). They were looking around a big ****** of a car, a 7 series or something like that I think it was a four x four. I'm not too well up on cars (as long as it has 4 wheels and an engine I'm not bothered). She said this ones fine. Then then promply paid for it, there and then with a cheque Oh how the other half live eh OH told me that it would have been around £45000 Now that's puppy love for you.
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:22 AM
You try to buy clothes that dog hair does not show up on, then think who cares and buy what you like.

If your dog is not welcome, you don't go either

If people don't like dogs, you don't like them either.

If you stay up late a watch a film, and you turn the lights and the sound down, so you don't disturb her because she is a sleep.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:24 AM
PMSL these are soooooooooooo true.

My photobucket is about 18 pages of dogs only odd one of my kids.

I have a huge estate thats a 2.6 just for the dogs.

Have about 100 nappy sacks in my pocket.

My sons often get called Kato or Paddy.

I have whistled at OH for his attention to receive the most scornful look in return.

Great thread
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:35 AM
You find that most of your friends have diapeared and now all you have to talk to is other doggie walkers.
When your walking your dogs you find yourself saying "Oh look Ben, there Milly, Sammy, Benjie" etc etc "Go and play nicely with your friends" Like he understands
You know you have lost the plot when, You have nothing in for OH's dinner, but Hey at least the dogs are ok, so your OH promply nips out to the chippy, bless him
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 10:28 AM
When there are more dogs than people in your house
When your photos ALL have dogs in them
When you choose a rug because it`s nice for the dogs
When you cook liver and mince for the dogs and the family get oven chips.
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2008, 11:46 AM
OMG I am soooo guilty of most of these; especially the dinner thing - so often I have a quarter of sheep in the fridge and no dinner for hubby and he's looking longingly at the meat!!

Another for me is:

You used to look so smart in business suits and now you look like a country bumpkin because well, you're going to get dirty anyway!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2008, 12:13 PM
I know about the bumpkin look, I mostly wear trackie bottoms and an old jacket , plus woolly hat when walking the dogs, the other day I came back from walking the dogs and my OH was laughing at me, I'd taken my hat off to scratch my head and put it back on all skewiff and had it all sticking up on one side, I wondered why people were giving me funny looks!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Angel44 View Post
When all the pictures you have of your children have a dog in them too
My mum was just saying that to me this week...."Why have all the pictures of my grandson have at least one dog or cat in them?"
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >