Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
If I find it You will be the first to know, my luck the damn thing will be in Rotweil Germany
If it is I will come with you!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2006, 06:23 AM
I went to volunteer at the local shelter and fell in love with Rupert as soon as I saw him. After a long discussion with the shelter staff they let me take him on trial. I lived in a flat and he'd run free in the countryside so no one was sure he'd adapt to my home
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I went to volunteer at the local shelter and fell in love with Rupert as soon as I saw him. After a long discussion with the shelter staff they let me take him on trial. I lived in a flat and he'd run free in the countryside so no one was sure he'd adapt to my home
Thats a lovely story, love at first sight eh? I take it he settled in well and adjusted to his new way of living. Its so nice to hear of the rescue dogs that find a loving forever home.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

10-12-2006, 12:05 PM
First dog (when I was 9) a black cocker, followed by a lab/collie cross, a succession of dobes, a Groenendael,a German Pinscher and finally a WSS rescue - I had wanted a Toller rescue but there weren't any available. The WSS was something special, he had been so badly neglected that when I got him it was two weeks before he wagged his tail, and watching him "come Alive" was the most rewarding experience I have ever had with my dogs. Kath
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
First dog (when I was 9) a black cocker, followed by a lab/collie cross, a succession of dobes, a Groenendael,a German Pinscher and finally a WSS rescue - I had wanted a Toller rescue but there weren't any available. The WSS was something special, he had been so badly neglected that when I got him it was two weeks before he wagged his tail, and watching him "come Alive" was the most rewarding experience I have ever had with my dogs. Kath
Thats a lovely story too Kath, I think those of us that have brought a badly treated or neglected animal into the home can really understand the pleasure of seeing them begin to come round and start doing what would be absolutely normal behaviour in a dog that knows nothing other than a good home. x
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2006, 02:05 PM
normally ive had rescue dogs, but ben birth was an accicent with a lucky retreiverx collie. and his mum a short haired collie. had him since he was a tiny bundle of fluff at 7 weeks old.
and hes the most daft but loyal dog ever,
love him to bits xxxx
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 10:17 PM
my dogs are rescues and have somehow found there way to me. Jesse (GSD) lived with a family who wanted to go on holiday and didnt want to pay the kennel fees and they asked my hubby (he worked with them) if he would look after her, hubby said no probs but I dout the Mrs will give her back p they said OK and passed her over - that was 10 years ago and they have missed out on the most loving, loyal and perfect pet - there loss !!

Murphy: I was looking for a 2nd dog and was looking to rescue a Newfie, looked at a certain rescue website and the details of Murphy (10 month Rottie) jumped out at me but I shrugged it off but over the next week I kept going back to that website and reading about him over and over - finally spoke to hubby about it and before I knew it all the family were at the rescue kennels meeting him - 1 week later we brought him home
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2006, 10:44 PM
I previously had a Rottie which is a superb breed and is still my fav,but when he died i spotted Vegas at a rescue centre and we just 'clicked'.

We suit each other exceptionally well-i like outdoor life and enjoy walking and so does Vegas.He also makes a wonderful companion in the home,but is a crap watchdog!
pudding
New Member!
Female 

06-02-2007, 07:11 PM
I currently have one English Toy Terrier, but she isn't the first. In the US the breed called Toy Manchester Terrier has been seperated for some time, until recently. Anyway they were really popular there at one time and my grandmother had one when I was born. My parents weere concerned that the little dog might be jealous and nip a newborn me. So they put me on the sofa and spied on Boudie. She very gently climbed up there had a sniff and took her position as my guard and bed warmer.

When I moved to the UK 21 years ago, I wanted a dog and ended up contacting various breed welfare groups. I was told that TMTs are ETTs in Britain. I got put in touch with someone who needed to rehome a wonderful girl that we ended up calling Puddding. She lived with us for many years until she developed heart trouble(in spite of being exceptionally fit otherwise) and died in my arms.

I mourned for a few months and eventually couldn't cope any more so I again contacted a lot of different shelters and breed organisations (chronic bad back- wanted a small dog). Out of the blue I got a call to say that Pudding's great grandaughter, a brood bitch, needed to be part of a family, and would I take her.

What do you think I said?

I've owned a lot of dogs in the past pedigree and mutt, big and small. I loved them all so much. I do love ETTs though. They are perfect for my lifestyle.
Cherry and I will be at Discover Dogs this year, so if you want to meet us, pop by on Thursday afternoon.
Dreama1205
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Hiya,

I got Henry simply because I wanted company and a best friend that will always love me (and never back-chat! HA). I wanted a larger breed, as our previous family dog was a cross Boxer-Great Dane called 'BECKY BOO' and I/we loved her dearly she was a right big clumsy softy! But because Henry was souly my responsibility I could only physically manage a small breed. Don't get me wrong I love my little chap to bits and wouldn't change him for the world.

I do not work and I'm at home alot, alone. When Becky died the house seemed so empty and I had no-one to talk to and to keep me company. So, thats when I decided to get Henry. Please don't think I only got Henry to replace Becky. He will never replace Becky, he's his own little person/doggy, like Becky was, and he's a right little cheeky monkey at that! HA!

Here's BECKY BOO...RIP my dearest special friend...sweet dreams BOO

and here's the cheeky little monkey HENRY-BOBBIN'S...

Page 5 of 24 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »