register for free

Dog News

Abandoned dog, Archie, 'only responds to French accent'

An abandoned dog has become so used to one shelter's volunteer he only responds to commands in a French accent, according to the home's staff.

Archie the Jack Russell was found abandoned earlier this year and spends most weekends with London nursery school teacher Marie-Hélène Léoni.

The Dogs Trust centre at Harefield says when he returns to the shelter he only obeys commands delivered in her accent.
More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34764033

Your comments and views:
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2015, 03:23 PM
He probably doesn't understand commands with other accents that's why he doesn't respond. Sometimes I can't understand what people are saying with different accents and I'm a human.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Gwylim was 9 months old when I brought him home. Until then he'd lived with his breeder who only spoke to him in Hungarian. It took him about a week to get accustomed to living in an English only speaking house. Both he and Georgina know all their commands in both languages In fact their Hungarian is better than mine!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-12-2015, 04:22 PM
I can do a pretty good French accent

I hope he finds a new home soon.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top