Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2018, 06:50 AM

Daily thread. Wednesday 3rd Jan 2018.

Morning all. A stormy night and still stormy Fence panel down so had to make makeshift fencing at 6.30 this morning after dropping Gorden off at the station in Downham market he is in till Friday.
Will sort out properly when wind has died down later. For now it should keep Dillon contained and safe.
Early day yesterday too picked up Michael and Margaret and we did the long journey over to Romford to see Gill.
She is doing ok but the care packages etc., are turning out to be a nightmare. One minute she is coming with a basic care package then she is getting palliative care funded by the nhs then she is back on the social service page and it is decided she doesn't need palliative care yet so back to social services to sort. We were told she would be there till end of week as it would take that long to get the OT on board from Basildon.
We explained this to her got her settled with it all then Peter gets a call they are discharging her today. So within 15 mins of us leaving her ss from Basildon got on board and over to Queens to assess her ? Gill rang Peter to ask about something else and he said he had the call she was out today and she hadn't been told so called a nurse to ask and Peter said the nurse didn't know anything about it.
They are arguing amongst themselves the nhs and ss about funding and neither wants to pay. Peter has a letter from her consultant in the very hospital she is in stating she has a large mass pressing on her bladder and bowel and prognosis is poor what more evidence do they need ?
Stairlift still not in either surveyor from council went in yesterday to take photos to back up measurements.
It is becoming very frustrating and upsetting for us all now mostly why I haven't been around much or wished anyone happy new year.

So happy new year to everyone hope those that are under the weather feel well again soon and that all four legged friends are well to.
Sue if you haven't already left have a wonderful holiday.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2018, 08:20 AM
Good morning Lynn and all who follow

So sorry about all the problems Gill is having why cant departments get together and talk things out. It is not fair on Gill, Peter or you. Hugs to you all. Will be thinking of you al

Very windy here and we too have a fence panel down, In fact ii is broken inhale so will have to try and sort that before I leave at lunchtime. Unable to repair ourselves so it is on a lead for Teazle when she goes in the garden

Have a good day and will try and log on whilst away, wifi permitting, if not behave and will talk when I return.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Morning Lynn, so sorry to hear of your problems. Sue can't remember where you are off to but have a good trip. Morning everyone else. Quite calm here at the moment. Was blowey overnight and wet. bfn.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2018, 08:55 AM

fence panel down
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2018, 10:34 AM
Lynn, so sorry to hear about this, we had a similar situation when my dads mum was needing to come home, they were refusing to pay for her 24hour care, expected the family to do it (my nan had a stoma bag and would have been mortified for any of us to see it) and in the end my dads sister went to a meeting with social services and said her piece...she is normally non confrontational but they got it with both barrels...the funding was put in place but even that couldn't be straight forward as she needed oxygen....they said it was a fire risk and we had to get permission to have oxygen in the property from the landlord!! then it was the lack of supply of oxygen that was keeping her in the hospice, my dad turned round, said how much is the oxygen i will bring the cash right now and pick it up...oddly enough the oxygen was soon available. I know Gill may be angry but could you go to the press and highlight the plight of cancer patients...seems bad to me that you are fighting the biggest fight of your life and excuse my language " d*ckheads" put ridiculous barriers in your way, things are hard enough for the patient and family as it is without needing to sort out squabbles and lies from people who don't want to fund things
Oh dear Tumbleweed
Safe trip Sue!!!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Ok panel sorted firm should be here to fix it next week.

If you don't see postings from Sue she is now on her way to Heathrow to catch a flight to Brazil for the next fortnight.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Not good news about the fences.And there are a few trees down round our way.
But at least it's mild - around 9C/48F.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Oh wow Barry. Didn't know it was Brazil that Sue was travelling to. Hope she has a wonderful time. Now you can do any amount of clearing up without her having to tell you. bg!!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Well that is one thing done. The plumber has fixed the toilet cistern from constantly running, it was a worn out inlet valve unit , so number one now crossed off the list.

AS for the fence panel the neighbour as said they will pay for half the cost or a new section hopefully being done early next week.

Just then got to contact the chimney guy to put a cowling on the chimney pot
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It is becoming very frustrating and upsetting for us all now mostly why I haven't been around much or wished anyone happy new year.
Lynn, I'm sure all the regular folks on here understand, I certainly do. The original concept of the NHS was a good one but that was half a century ago, things have changed.

This is not the place to write reams about the problems but when it involves family it must really hurt. Things need to change.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >