Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2020, 04:12 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 13th July, 2020

Good Morning all, hope you and your four legged friends are all well. Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well. God Bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2020, 08:17 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Lovely day here and quite warm. Lovely lie in this morning but up again early tomorrow and Wednesday. Off into town shortly to do some banking and then will see what the day throws at me.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2020, 08:29 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Lovely day here to.

Tidying for me today and Gorden is off to the cabin to work.
Harvey interesting about Ickworth hotel. We were a little annoyed when I rang to book. Michael bought us the voucher at Christmas valid till October this year. Anyway they mentioned the Beatrix Potter afternoon tea for an additional £3.50 each and I said we would stick to the original one thank you, she said no there is the Beatrix Potter tea and that is it. Doesn't matter to us as we can afford the added money but when someone buys you a voucher as a gift and they are not cheap anyway, not only does it mean you discover the value of the voucher but if you didn't have the extra £7.00 which some people might not there would of been times through our lives we couldn't of done it means you are restricted till September when the themed afternoon tea is finished.
We thought it a bit of a cheek, due to timing of voucher being bought and expiry
Seems they may be a bit naughty with the way they conduct their business.

griff glad to hear mum is doing well with her eating.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Hi Lynn - "We thought it a bit of a cheek, due to timing of voucher being bought and expiry"

I agree, when Micheal bought that voucher he and they created a 'contract' which was and is legally binding. It had an expiry date and didn't say anything about increase in price due to change of format.

So you could go to court over this but as you say for a few quid who is going to do that ?

This sort of thing seems to go on a lot these days. I was informed by SAGA that they had charged me £3 because I elected to pay by cheque, I can't find anything in their renewal notice which tells me this but again for £3 I'm not going to involve solicitors etc.

Lots of companies know this and rely on people just paying the small extra, it's not right but they get away with it because in 2020 honouring ones word is an old fashined idea that no longer applies
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Quite agree Harvey. If I could be bothered to look there is possibly something in the small print. She did say we could wait till September but we thought it would be nice to do it alongside Gorden's Birthday and our Anniversary.
We would of done it earlier but due to covid it got put on hold. We haven't mentioned it to Michael we will after the the afternoon tea he may pick up a theme on the photos we will send and ask.
He also would more than likely be unhappy about it, as he didn't buy a themed afternoon tea.
The vouchers for two for a normal afternoon tea are not far short of £50 this rounds it up to £50.
So not a cheap option for a gift.
We were worried it might not get used at all and we do like to use and make the most of voucher gifts from the boys and their partners they are not cheap gifts and they all work very hard for their money.

I am sure it will be very nice.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2020, 03:49 PM
Good afternoon all.

Bit of a mixed day here - a bit overcast

We had a walk this morning and it is back to quiet where we go after the weekend's madness. Apparently, cases are rising all over the place now. I can see another lockdown on the horizon

Lynn I would be furious. They seem to be making a killing on afternoon teas as it is so to add on additional costs is more than bad. Harvey is right. Today's world seems to be more about how to fiddle customers than offer them a good service
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Evening all.

Out with Gert yesterday about 2.30pm she sat and started shaking her head thought she had been stung but saw no signs continued all night although she did sleep. Today got an appointment at the vets for 12.45 and they saw a grass seed they kept her in this afternoon and removed it but it has perforated her ear drum.

Oral antibiotics and pain relief due to not being able to put drops in due to perforation.

Back next Monday for a check-up.

They have given me the grass seed and it has a tail so the seed is like a dart.

Poor Gert fast asleep now. Got to of been sore, good point been in the ear less than 24 hours and it was out the vet did say some people wait ages...EKKKK. She did say all clear in the ear bar the grass seed no sign of infection or pus or anything. So should be good.

Maybe using face masks as ear protectors in future. Just poor bad luck I think.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2020, 05:03 PM
Oh poor Gert. That must have been so uncomfortable for her
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2020, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Oh poor Gert. That must have been so uncomfortable for her
I know I feel terrible I left her 24 hours.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2020, 05:06 PM
Snoring now bit wobbly on her feet and was fighting to stay awake they said she came round really quickly but could of done with sleeping a bit more, we have come home and she's had a wee and now flat out.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >