Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 12:35 PM
No Fogster! YESSS!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Can anyone tell me when the contract is up with the BBC? I have read 2010 but it doesnt say if thats the last year with them or if thats when a new contract would start
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Can anyone tell me when the contract is up with the BBC? I have read 2010 but it doesnt say if thats the last year with them or if thats when a new contract would start
I thought it said on the news last night that they would not show the 2009 event???
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2008, 12:44 PM
If the BBC dont want the Rottweiler broadcast because of the public opinion of the breed its out of order. But sadly as the BBC proved they will always bow to those who should loudest whether right or wrong.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
I thought it said on the news last night that they would not show the 2009 event???
Yes, but their contract runs until 2010 so I am wondering if thats includes the 2010 even or is 2009 the last year.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 12:57 PM
If the BBC dont want the Rottweiler broadcast because of the public opinion of the breed its out of order. But sadly as the BBC proved they will always bow to those who should loudest whether right or wrong.
so what the bbc have laid down to the kennel club is.... we dont want a rottie, or any of the other listed breeds making it through to the group placings or best in show..or we will not brodcast... hence... if these breeds turn up to show.. your only there to make up the numbers.. you dont stand a chance.. I for one think the KC did the right thing telling them to stuff it,

I can see no real health issue that makes the rottie AT RISK.. they are on the whole on of the breeds doing well.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
so what the bbc have laid down to the kennel club is.... we dont want a rottie, or any of the other listed breeds making it through to the group placings or best in show..or we will not brodcast... hence... if these breeds turn up to show.. your only there to make up the numbers.. you dont stand a chance.. I for one think the KC did the right thing telling them to stuff it,

I can see no real health issue that makes the rottie AT RISK.. they are on the whole on of the breeds doing well.
The point I am making is I dont think this is about health but rarther looking good to the public, and sadly many think of the Rottweiler as a "devil dog".
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 01:22 PM
The point I am making is I dont think this is about health but rarther looking good to the public, and sadly many think of the Rottweiler as a "devil dog".
so they cant really take the higher stance of health only then............ so it really comes down to the bbc wanting to show the dogs THEY think should be seen,....
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
so they cant really take the higher stance of health only then............ so it really comes down to the bbc wanting to show the dogs THEY think should be seen,....
If you ask me I would say so, unless there is some health problem they suffer from, but I havent heard anything. They know big areas of the public dont like the breed so this makes them look good.

I also wouldnt be surrprised to see them sell their coverage to another channel thus gaining some of the money they paid back.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I also wouldnt be surrprised to see them sell their coverage to another channel thus gaining some of the money they paid back.
any ideas on who may pick up the coverage?
Page 6 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »