View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2018, 04:46 PM
A lot of these things Harvey are if after 2005 onwards.
When we moved from Harlow we had to get some sort of letter as we changed our windows and had french doors put in. Like here it was a conservation area but even out of the conservation area it was still needed and as we and many others hadn't acquired planning permission.
Deed of covenant I think it was called. Our youngest Michael was an estate agent then and told us we would need it so when we knew we had to move we applied for it and paid the £90 so it was ready to forward onto the solicitor.
That was in 2013.

Weird thing is we are again in a conservation area and i rang the council re: changing the doors and windows here to see if we needed planning permission and also due to the fact it is an old property and he told me no as long as they were sensible windows and doors and the fact nearly everyone here has had them changed and it made sense because most of us were and would of been single glazed they couldn't really say no.
So a council with a sensible attitude for once.

We had fensa certificates for the windows which is as a sort of building control letter.

Yes so much red tape will be the last time we do it. As you get older it gets so much more hard work and hard to understand.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Oh Lynn I said to a friend the other day that I thought as we got older things should be easier but it doesn't seem so to me. Hope you are in very quickly now so that you can relax and enjoy your new home. Have a good evening everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Thank you brenda we hope so to now just want to start packing and get rid of garden rubbish and move.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2