View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2018, 07:19 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 19th September.

Good morning everyone. I trust that you and your four legged friends are all fit and well.

Griff, hope you are feeling better this morning.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all keep safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Sunny and breezy and warm again. We are keeping Dillon amused for another 1/2 hour till we load him in the van and go for a walk over Brandon park. Need the cafe open so we can buy a ticket for the car park as we have no small change for the machine today.

Our buyers should of got the condition report Monday or Tuesday haven't heard anything so far so will wait and see if we hear anything today or in the next few days or if all stays quiet.
Spoke to our neighbour re: the access road yesterday Elgoods not communicating with him since May when they pulled out and he felt although a nice gesture of us to say if we can get them back on board before anything signed he cannot guarantee it happening and it would be unfair of them to ask us to do it even though we offered.
He has actually withdrawn the plans so would have to start that process again to.
He has another idea up his sleeve but has to do some research into who owns the piece of land and approach them if that doesn't work they will have to sell up and move.
We all think Elgoods have an agenda they had stated to another person the piece of land Gordon was interested in was building plot price because they feel they could put a house or two on the car park, maybe sell the pub to.
So we now move on and forwards with moving with a clear conscience that we have done all we can and been very fair considering the state of this house that his daughter and son-in-law sold to us back in 2013. Which he must of known about.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2018, 08:04 AM
Morning all
Moyra, I am good thanks, hope you are feeling much better now also
Lynn...wow, his family sold that house to you...my goodness, how he could live with himself I don't know!
Not sure what the weather is doing today, looks like rain
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Griff and all who follow

Pleased you are feeling better Griff and ling may you continue to do so.

If your buyers have received the report I doubt there is anything in it that they can find fault with. After all the work you have done since moving in doubt there is anything else to do other than what they want which is not your responsibility. Enjoy your walk with Dillon.

Still very breezy here but warm. Barry has dentist at 11.00 am. Washing done and out and now the bedding is in so if not ready by the time we have to leave will hang it out when I return.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
and forwards with moving with a clear conscience that we have done all we can and been very fair considering the state of this house that his daughter and son-in-law sold to us back in 2013. Which he must of known about.

Yes, you have been very fair. I didn't realise it was his family who owned the house before you bought it.

As you've head nothing from your buyer I would say it's all systems go now, it's been a long and frustrating business but I really do think you are on your way.

After reading all that buying and selling houses now involves I'm more than ever determined to stay put here. It's not perfect, the 'A' road is a pain in the mornings and evenings but I think I'd rather put up with that than go through all the stress you've had.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2018, 12:01 PM
Afternoon griff, Sue and Harvey just back from Brandon.

Yes it was his family that sold us the house. We try not to bear grudges and move on. Easy to do when all the problems are sorted.

Took change that i found after all for the ticket machine and after our walk went to get the tenner out of my pocket and must of dropped it somewhere. We managed to get together enough money for two cuppas and a steak pie to share and we met another Bernese on holiday from Bexhill way.

Harvey I think our plan is to stay put once we are moved, bungalow near the train station park next door and hopefully not such a noisy road. After all the shenanigans we have encountered we are ready for a rest. It's been a tiresome 8 years if you take into account redundancy, having to move then all the work that needed doing here and burning my hand and Marks split with Tracey and the episode with Joel two years ago. Losing mum and recently Gill We are ready for a quiet life.
So I think if you are happy where you are best stay put.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Hahaha...Lynn, I hope you get your quiet life, still hoping I will get mine at some point.
Harvey, I agree if you are both happy, stay there, you never know who you will end up living next door to
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-09-2018, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
After all the shenanigans we have encountered we are ready for a rest.

And well deserved too. The things you need will be nearby and not far from family, looking good

Originally Posted by griff View Post
you never know who you will end up living next door to

haha remember it was touch and go at first with neanderthal man on one side, we put up the split banboo fencing (Tip from yourself) which helped, and then he decided to snuff it and the new people seem very nice so no probs on either side now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Always a worry who you might get as neighbours.

Bit annoyed some more questions they have already had answers to and now wanting indemnity insurance for the boiler installed 3 years ago.
To be fair we never did get the buildings reg document that I kept pushing for or last years proof of service but neither did we pay for that to be fair.
So rang oftec on the advice of Grants and guess what Chris and Chris never registered it with oftec so no building reg paperwork to be had. i do know they are or were then oftec registered as I checked very carefully with Grants themselves after having the dreadful person in who bunged up the release valve and wasn't oftec registered.
They installed at a weekend and we paid cash in hand. So it is going to cost us £70+ for the indemnity policy. Would be a nightmare sourcing one and sort of balances out not paying for last years service I suppose.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Barry's vista the dentist went ok and has to go back in two weeks for the crown to be fitted.

Lynn we had to pay an indemnity insurance for the boiler on our last property as we had no certificates etc. Its a one off payment but an annoyance all the same. Pleased you enjoyed your trip out even though you lost the tenner.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods Harvey.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >