Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lost
New Member!
Male 

02-05-2017, 12:11 AM

I need help

My mother died unexpectedly back in January. I took in her dog. He is used to being with her 24/7. I work all day but can manage to stop home during the day to walk him and spend a few minutes with him. The dog has severe separation anxiety issues. He's starting to bark and moan when I leave.I have a tenant and they haven't said anything yet but Im sure its coming. I feel even with the radical change in the dogs world he is probably better off with me. I mean Im sure there is someone out there who would be perfect for him and give him the attention he needs and deserves (he is a great little guy) but i think the chance are slim to none on finding them so a I'm certainly not going to risk giving him to a shelter to find out. Lately the dog has been having bouts of diarrhea.So have to get him to the vet now. So to be blunt I at my wits end, this dog is really effecting my life and giving me a ton of stress. I love the guy and I am trying to do the right thing here but its going really tough..should i give him up?...just any input would help thx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2017, 08:26 AM
He will be grieving, on top of the massive change in his life. Its all going to take time. Can you get him into doggie daycare or maybe a dog walker to break up his day. He's bound to feel lonely and insecure. Maybe your tenant could help out in some way?