Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KeelerD
New Member!
Male 

06-04-2017, 02:14 AM

New Pup introduced to 2 y/o help

I have a 2 year old male Aussie and adopted an 11 week old male Aussie-Lab mix on Saturday. My 2 y/o started with the normal dominance stuff, humping, licking, chasing, and head pushing and the little guy just runs away and I put a stop to it if it becomes too intense for him. But now that he feels more comfortable the new dog is barking and biting him. On the legs, in the face, not hard enough to do damage but my older dog is very intimidated by this and cowers down and refuses to bark or nip back. But the second the new pup stops he goes right back to his dominance tactics. I would really like some input on how to handle this situation without ruining my older dogs rightful place in the pecking order.