Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2016, 07:07 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday 4th August

Good Morning everyone, looks a brighter morning here. That public footpath/Goose problem it seems to be getting worse.

Have a good day everyone, Griff well done on treating yourself. Stay warm and dry all and above everything stay SAFE and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow. Weather a bit iffy here not raining but overcast. Hope it stays dry towels need drying.
The original access will have to be put back in place but the geese who knows.
Had some excitement late yesterday in the village 4 fire engines haring down the road beside us. We could see smoke billowing out from some land down one of the back roads, Gorden caught up with it on the internet 500 bales of caught caught alight.

Hope everyone is well today and four legged friends and griff hope you get your coffee out and enjoy the new outfit.
LG did you have a blood test yesterday ? Hope the results are good for you.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-08-2016, 08:07 AM
Good morning Moyra and all yet to come.
Dreadful day here - it is very heavy unbroken rainfall. The sort of stuff that leads to flash flooding in these parts. So hoping for the best and that it stops before it actually gets that far!
Have had dogs out for a gallop and we all got soaked through, they are all now dried off and following a couple of treats have gone back to bed, except of course DC who is sat on my right foot! lol ! Frightened of missing something I have no doubt! lol ! Poultry, pigeons etc refused to even entertain coming out when I opened up their housing, one or two had a quick look out but swiftly shot back in - they may be feather brained but they're certainly not daft!
Well, I'm off back to bed, having had breakfast and performed my various duties, where I intend to stay, cosy, warm and dry for at least a couple of hours. The Mem has this afternoon pencilled in for some sort of shopping - erm! Wonder just what sort of treat awaits me! Actually, some things you're better of not knowing and this could be one of them - perhaps an attempt at quantitive easing of my wallet! Grrrrr!!!
Have a good time Griff when you pop out for coffee - hope he remembers after his treatment! Also hope the weather is better in Cov than it is here, don't want your new legs to get a chill! lol!
Have a good day all and take care of yourselves, bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Good morning Lynn - seem to be getting into the habit of cross posting with you!
Yes did have blood tests done by my GP yesterday, won't get the results back until tomorrow morning though as they have to go to Manchester Royal Infirmary and then results will be sent to his surgery and relayed to me, usually by way of a phone call, he is a very good GP and nothing ever seems too much trouble for him. We have become very friendly with him and his good lady over the last couple of years so I suppose this helps a bit.
What was the bale fire - the usual insurance job? Poor quality - so torch it and claim spontaneous combustion! Of course, that could just be my suspicious mind! I am wrong to make assumptions about the activities of poor but honest farmers! Yeah right!!!!
Hope Dillon has a good trip to the vets (to get his poor tail put in a sling) following last night's exhibition of horrendous Croolty by his Mummy! LOL !
Have a good day. G.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Morning LG hope the wallet doesn't take to much of a thrashing later. No doubt you will be retiring to bed early if it does.
Luckily Dillon escaped the tail in the sling and he was usual forgiving self.
Fingers crossed for the rain stopping and avoiding flash floods.

Hadn't crossed my mind about the bale fire being an insurance job. You may be right though.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2016, 08:32 AM
As LG says, rain here, not constant though, it stops, you think its OK to venture out, and a heavy downpour catches you out. I know this because I sorted everyone, drybeds, breakfast etc. Came in, saw Kesh and Zen stood out in the rain, it was raining, but not heavily, went to shoo them in and water descended immediately. Neither Kesh or Zen could make up their minds where exactly to go, in the meantime I was soaked through. Many comings and goings until it was decided by me that they WOULD go in and stay in. Will see what happens in an hour, if its still raining I have stuff for the tip, lots of wet shavings due to our marvellous summer and the rain!
Keeping fingers crossed for good results LG.
Lynn if the geese becomne a menace I think he can be made to keep them in a pen
Was thinking There's someone's winter feed gone up in smoke, till you said that LG. Hay round here seems to have been gathered in with no problems. If its badly stacked, as you know, it can catch fire, sometimes the whole barn goes up.
I know how LG loves shopping with The Mem, he could always just give her his card and retire to a darkened room
Have a nice time today Griff, hoping your legs are OK in daylight
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Blissful peace on the site!! A certain person is no longer with us?

I'm in bed sipping my first coffee of the day - lovely!! Sorry to hear about the fire - straw and hay bales burn like the very devil.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Been banned Nikki,not for long enough in my opinion
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2016, 08:40 AM
Lol LG , weather is o.k here...thankfully!!! New shoes, skirt and top on
He has just phoned, he is just going in to the drs, his dog is Ill again so I don't know if I will see him or not....I would rather he make sure max is alright. I have told him to take him to the vet but he says he can't afford it.....I will take care of that, my vet will help me out... He will keep the costs low for me.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Has she???? Again, she has only been back a few days hasn't she??? Felt like a lot longer lol
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »