Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2010, 07:40 AM

Dog/puppy vacinations

As some of you know we now have a new pup called Theo.

Please could someone give me a list of what he needs after his second injection?

EG vacinations/worming [how often] and flea [frontline [how often] and anything else he will need on a monthly / yearly basis.

I will ask the vet when we go for the second injection in two weeks time but after some research on the web I find different answers.

Many thanks.
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2010, 09:23 AM
hi jols
has he been microchiped yet i alway's worm every 3 month's not needed to deeflee but would ask the vet on that one apart from that a yearly booster that's all i can think of, the vet will give you good advice on anything good luck with your new baby
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by josshun View Post
hi jols
has he been microchiped yet i alway's worm every 3 month's not needed to deeflee but would ask the vet on that one apart from that a yearly booster that's all i can think of, the vet will give you good advice on anything good luck with your new baby
Please note that vaccinations are not always required yearly have a look on the NOAH site for example Nobivac is not a yearly booster yet Durammune does & TBH I would always want to have the 3 yearly vaccine used if I was simoply to vax my dogs without titre testing first.

However I titre test all my dogs(& cat)before vaccinations & todate have never had to I have an adult vax & this is over 30 years !(except for Rjj's Rabies vax for his PP)
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2010, 05:43 PM
He is being microchipped in two weeks with his second injection.

I will take a pen and paper with me and write down what the vet says..................

thanks
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by jols! View Post
He is being microchipped in two weeks with his second injection.

I will take a pen and paper with me and write down what the vet says..................

thanks
Make sure the vet puts the chipin correctly between the shoulder blades & not in the scruff of his neck. The vet should put their middle finer & thumb on either side of his shoulder blades & use the index finger to pull up the skin inbetween to make like a little pocket & then the chip should go under the skin, the trigger of the implant gun pulled back & released & then the gun withdrawn, if they do not do this the chip will more than likely move-vets & VNs are the worse people to implant chips !