Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by RedyreRotties View Post
I expect you have never used stacking blocks to train a puppy to stand.

No never had to resort to it.

I use blocks on puppies several times. It makes it easy on the puppy and the people stacking. It allows me to reward the puppy for proper behavior much more, and puppies learn to stay still once they are placed very quickly using blocks.

Perhaps you could explain to me why you feel this method is not well thought of, because it is a commonly used method in the States.

I also find it curious that you find this one thing to comment on out of all the photos in this thread.

Anyone else looking, I am seriously interested in other eyes critiqueing my dog, as the forum title indicates.

And yes, she can stack just fine without the aid of the blocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWFJOAcE9R4
I did say she was a lovely girl, and the reason I picked up on it ,is because it is considered a little unnecessary and in some peoples eyes bordering on cruel to make a puppy stand on blocks to get a show stance.

You have to understand things are different here, what is accepted in the States is sometimes not here, (cropping for instance) we have had over the last 12 mths or so , a very negative reaction to showing in this country..(plenty of threads on it here) and when pictures of pups being stacked up on bricks to "inprove" their stance , then it feeds the opinion for some of the "nasty show world"

Have to say this is one thing I am against, I have often heard this is how some get a good stance in the ring, first tiem I have seen it though.

But my guess is, not many seeing that will be happy in what they see,

You say yourself she stands well without the blocks, so why resort to using them.

It takes time for a pup to become comfortable in a stance, you do it gradually over time, they need to build up confidence, stretch a young pup out to much to soon and they will feel off balance.. so how they must feel when stood on stacks that are not secure, I cant imagine.

Sorry , you dont like my picking up on that, but my bet is I wont be the only one. because it's accepted in the US, dont assume it will be accepted/liked else where in the world.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Yes she is a lovely bitch, but I must agree with Jackbox with regard to using bricks or blocks, totally unnecessary.
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2010, 04:46 AM
very promising bitch - lovely feminine head with good dark eye of correct shape - good skull/muzzle ratio - excellent clear colouring and good pigmentation.

Lovely reach of neck leading into defined withers and fabulous forequarters - so good to see such a good front asembly on such a young bitch- chest needs to drop and looking a tad light at the moment as you would expect at this age. Balanced angulations fore and aft - good croup and tail set - movment photo shows a balanced stride.

you must be excited at the future prospect with this young lady and I wish you well with her in the future.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 05:52 AM
Agree with above, and also appears to have a very bold outgoing character too.
RedyreRotties
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Thank you both! I am very excited about her future. And BorderDawn, she is a crazy smart bold girl, but very sweet at the same time. Also one of the quickest to learn I have ever had my hands on. The length of her focus and her work ethic is amazing at her age.

Bijou, I am in particular delighted with her front assembly. This is one of the things I went to her sire for, along with the eye shape and side gait. She is quite a bit better than her mother in these areas.

I would like to get a movement clip of her. Her stride is long, elastic, effortless, and efficient, and she was holding her topline well already at 4 months!

I don't plan to show her until later this year, but I expect she will do well if this early promise holds true.
RedyreRotties
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2010, 02:05 AM
7 months old

crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2010, 02:52 AM
Gorgeous girl Is the Tan colour allowed across her nose?
RedyreRotties
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Some dogs do have just a few bronze hairs right at the back of the nose.

No big deal, and hers should fade away even more as she comes along.

Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 10:35 PM
She's yummy, you must be pretty chuffed with her!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 10:43 PM
She is gorgeous, and has turned into a right lady from that sweet little pup! Best of luck with her, hope she does you proud..
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >