Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 04:16 PM

More surgery :(

I've just seen the stoma nurse as my colostomy is looking pretty bad at the moment... she says that she thinks surgery is the only real option because it doesn't look like there's another way of sorting out the problems with it.

I will have to wait to see a colorectal surgeon before I know for sure.

Damn inconvenience - if I have more surgery I won't be able to do anything for a while, I don't heal fast and it's abdominal so I won't be able to walk the dogs - even with my scooter it'll be difficult, won't be able to lift anything which means I won't be able to work, which means I'll have to try and find someone to help me otherwise I'll lose customers and I can't afford to do that.

I'm so mightily pished off.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 04:20 PM
oh lottie hun, huge hugs, your so brave, you do take these things so much better than the likes of me would,

xoxo
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Aw Lottie , in a bad situation I always try to try to find something positive to focus on . If you do need surgery and it takes place soon at least it will done and out of the way in the winter when walking can be limited by the weather anyway.
Come the spring you will be 'all tidied up' and ready to go .xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Awww hun i'm so sorry, you know where I am, i'd help you out anytime of you were closer.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys...

Guess I'll just have to see what the colorectal surgeon says when I get referred - and how soon they want to do it.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Sorry to hear of your problem, hope its sorted out quickly so you can get back on your feet and walk the dogs.