Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2007, 07:50 AM

Gentle leader easy walk harness.

I was reading Vodka Vixens post the other day about the options of harnesses.
I used the link and took a look at the easy walk harness and ordered one.
Ollie is usually walked on a halti harness and I use a training lead attached to both d rings.It works but sometimes is still an effort to hang on when he sees other dogs he wants to greet.
Steve Mann (Trainer) said this particular harness I was using doesn't steer him in to me when he pulls.
The easy walk harness arrived Saturday and as it is raining today and no field walks I tried it out with his bungee lead we came across two dogs he plays with and he didn't do his usual pulling to get to them first he waited till they came over and didn't pull and play and jump about as usual so I am impressed I am hoping this will continue to be the norm now and train him to stay calm around other dogs.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 09:07 AM
We`ve used premiers easy walk harness since January.. it works as well now as it did then. So good luck with yours!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Glad to hear it is working for you I sometimes use one with Finn for his hyper days
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I bought a Halti harness for Ben my cocker spaniel, but although he walked better on it, I never felt it fitted him very well, it was always a bit slack and ended up sliding around.The next size down was just too small.
I might try the Easy Walk, he is only on it on long walks, he gets so excited on the way to the park, but walks well on the way back
Someone else recommended a No Pull Harness but I haven't tried one.
I'm intrigued, what's a bungee lead
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
I bought a Halti harness for Ben my cocker spaniel, but although he walked better on it, I never felt it fitted him very well, it was always a bit slack and ended up sliding around.The next size down was just too small.
I might try the Easy Walk, he is only on it on long walks, he gets so excited on the way to the park, but walks well on the way back
Hi Pam Ollies Halti harness gets bigger I am always having to adjust it.
The bungee lead is stretchy and has some shock absorbtion in it so if they pull it doesn't pull your arm quite so hard.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi Lynn
I like the sound of a shock absorbtion lead!
My other dog is good at walking to heel on his own, but put the two of them together it's a different story, that's why Ben is going back into a harness.
I'm hoping not to have 2 dogs in harnesses though!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2007, 11:43 AM
My lead is an ezy dog lead from jollyes it cost around £12.
They have a website.www.ezydog.com.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
Rufus is exactly the same as Ben..pulls me all the way to the park but walks beautifully back. He has an Easy Walk but his behaviour is still the same. Sam is older and not so bad at the pulling. I like to have them in a harness though as I feel it doesn't put so much strain on their necks.