Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2018, 05:43 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 11th Au8gust.

Good morning everyone, hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Lynn, I hope things do work out for you and that bungalow. I hope Dillon is ok too.

Harvey, I hope Casey settled down afterwards. It will take a day or two before the Tramadol works, lets hope it does!

Griff, I think Steve must be his own worst enemy. I hope you are ok, take care.

Chris, hope Gary is ok at the moment.

Brenda, hope tyto has settled down now it is cooler.

Sue and Barry and Teasle hope you are all ok.

Have a good day all, Take care all, stay dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2018, 06:11 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. My raincoat is st ill wet after yesterdays down pour. Tyto is ok though this morning. Hope everyone has a good day today. Supposed to be dry. Tomorrow rain. Ah well the grass is growing again.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Hi kiddiewinks

Manage to get a better knights sleep last night and woke up "late" to bright sunshine.

Another extremely busy day thinking of things that don't need doing, fair wears one out. Having had a good thunk I decided that best to save my energy for future projects of which I have no idea

Sue want me to be a better "crisp" but I am no great Walker and prefer going anywhere by car.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Morning Moyra, I am o.k thanks, just annoyed
Brenda, pleased Tyto is doing well
We have some sunshine here...thank goodness..I doubt it will last
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Barry, griff and all to follow.
Warm sunny day here and an unexpected trip out. Michael and Margaret have gone to Margaret's daughters for her belated 80th birthday celebrations and will be staying overnight.
He rang early to say could we pop over and check he hadn't left his lap top on charge he was worried sick Gorden said he felt it would be fine but of course we would go check. He had.
He was much relieved and grateful we had been and turned it off. We stopped for breakfast at the garden centre on the way back and bought a wax melt burner on the way out an electric one. So bit of an expensive trip.
Back home now tidied up and Mark is popping in later for a catch up.

brenda glad Tyto is a bit brighter.
griff hope the ex doesn't turn up on your doorstep.
Sue and Barry enjoy your Saturday.
Moyra hope you and Amber are coping better now it's cooler.
Harvey hoping Casey is settling down a bit.

We now have our contracts for the sale of this house arrive today we have to return signed but not dated. Still waiting to hear about 2nd viewing on the bungalow. Have rung agent and left message but no call back yet feel I might be chasing this.
So i now think gorden got muddled about the homebuyer report can't imagine they would send those contracts out for signing if we still had another report to be done.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Lynn, we have the airwick wax melt as does Steve, they are great but just so you know, you can use any brand of refill that's on offer...I didn't know that until Steve said...I am on chuppa chups strawberries and cream as they were cheap.
I don't mind if she turns up here Lynn, honestly... will save me a trip lol. As for the threatening to call me..as if I would be bothered.... hope she does it tomorrow night as I will be out and I will put it on loud speaker so we can all have a laugh
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2018, 04:15 PM
I am fed up...the weather said it was going to rain...I didn't paint the panels and it still hasn't rained..I reckon I would have had a panel done
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Good afternoon all.

It's so nice to have this cool weather after the recent heatwave.

Town was absolutely heaving this morning and I'm guessing tomorrow will be worse as it's carnival day. We will be going a little earlier than usual to make sure we can get out again as, in their infinite wisdom, all the roads out of town will be closed for 3 hours. I've never understood the logic as, of course, all roads into town will be closed during those hours too and Sunday is day-trippers day. My guess is that there will be a few disappointed folk tomorrow
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm guessing tomorrow will be worse as it's carnival day. We will be going a little earlier than usual to make sure we can get out again

If it was me I would find a reason to avoid going at any time sounds to me like there will be jam packed roads, lots of people behaving badly, and shop prices suddenly jumping upwards

Brenda you said yesterday:-

"Do you think he may be dreaming. Tyto makes those noises when he is in a deep sleep. My vet always advised gently waking and then they go back to sleep rest fully."

That is a good point because Casey does dream, I was watching him yesterday in a deep sleep and his back legs were going crazy (Chasing rabbits ) front legs as well.

But I've never heard him yelp in a dream, he may do so I've just never heard him. At 2 in the morning he's awake. So bit of a mystery.

Anyway last night he was OK until nearly 5am so I'm thinking maybe the Tramadol is beginning to work.

Since the weather was OK and a backlog of stuff to do in the garden I've been out most of the day, now knackered Off to have a bath and early night I think.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2018, 08:03 PM
Awww Harvey, hope the tramadol does help. And you enjoy your soak and a decent night's sleep.. hopefully!
Chris, I get the impression that councils just decide to do the most stupid and inconvenient things.
It's chucking down, I don't think flip flops and shorts are the best idea lol