Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 06:50 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 7th August.

Good morning all, another scorcher! Hope you are all well and in fine fettle, I feel dead already, had a bad night.

Lynn, I think I prefer the one you have put an offer on, still you must follow your heart and do as you think best. I hope Dillon is ok in this heat.

Harvey you are right the net is full of scams, I am quite fed up with it all. Hope Casey is ok in this heat.

Have a good day everyone and stay cool, but above all stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 06:55 AM
Morning Moyra and all that follow. Lynn I like the one that you have put the link to but as Moyra say's follow your heart and instincts. Been up early and done some weeding. Had this strange plant creeping along my back step. Not sure if it was duck weed or creeping jenny? Weird stuff. Anyway a friendly frog came and said hello while I was doing it. I like frogs. Have a good day all. Last of the heat today thank goodness. Old shed being taken away tomorrow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2018, 07:07 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Very hot here again to.
Late walk with Dillon so a very short one.

Well no fear we shan't be looking into viewing it, I emailed it to Gorden who looked at it earlier and did the street view google thing and it is on the A1101 Elm High road. Very busy all day and night and lorries going past during the day and through the night to.
I decided to look into that to and we both remembered when we were looking to moving here we looked at the one next door.
Beautiful gardens but the constant hum of traffic is always there so that's why we didn't offer on the one then so won't be even looking into this one due to the road it is located on.
It will be snapped up they go quickly but we prefer our peace and quiet especially in the garden which we have here and this raod is far quieter than the one that bungalow is on .

Dillon coping well thank you Moyra better than us in fact.
Harvey it is a secure sight to pay monies through to the solicitor. We do online shopping and banking also so these things do not overly worry us. We take the precautions advised. My eldest brother Michael will not do anything online regarding money he likes to go into the bank and pay mostly cash.
griff have you finished painting yet ?
Sue hope you have another easy day ahead and you also brenda. How is Tyto ?
Kazz hope you and mum and Gerty are well.

We are off to March later to drop some bits into the estate agent to start things moving proper. Also have to get some bits for the grave as meeting a friend in Essex tomorrow she will come with me then we will go for lunch. Not that I am eating much at the moment combination of heat and this virus I think.
Then on the way back call into see Peter he has an exchange hoping it all goes smoothly for him and he will be moving to Wales hopefully to be near his and Gills son and grandson.
So I am picking up the Beswick horses that were Gills and that he has put away for me and some beautiful glassware given to mum and dad on their 50th wedding anniversary by a good friend/neighbour they had many years ago and us children grew up together.

Hoping everyone is well and coping with the heat and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 07:50 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda, Lynn and all who follow

Glad the dentist sent well for your Moyra

Yes the forecast says getting cooler for a bit Brenda but we could really do with some rain.

Hope your trip to agents go well Lynn. Google maps are such a good friend when house hunting. I saw a lovely house when we were looking but googling it saw it was right next to an industrial estate, didn't show that in the agents pictures! Another one was opposite a 24hour petrol station and on a main road but the blurb said in quiet surrounding I like the one you have made an offer on and your plans sound good re turning bedroom into lounge with conservatory leading from it and the garden is wonderful with lots of shade for Dillon. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly for you.

Teazle walked and having had a mad 5 minutes is now asleep on the bottom stair. Nothing planned except to put up some new curtains in our bedroom later.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 08:40 AM
Yep whenever they say rain on the chart thing we never seem to get it Sue. Fingers crossed we will though, grass sadly needing it. Very wise Lynn. That was the reason we changed our holiday plans for later in the year. Google maps are a very good thing for checking out places. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Lynn, I have finished painting...I am suffering but it looks lovely..well I think so! Will upload a couple of pictures
I think I am the only person who likes the heat lol
Going to Steve's this evening, trying to sort the colour for the walls....I have the Dulux app on my phone so we can try different colours on the wall without actually applying paint.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 08:54 AM
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 08:55 AM
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 09:01 AM
It's a really pretty fence but very time consuming to paint, I was going to spray it but the paint was £25 a tin!! You lose quite a bit while spraying... with cheaper paint it's fine.
There's another 4panels to do but without the trellis... thankfully lol
Still can't believe the cheek of my neighbour and I will be livid if she paints it the same colour, she copies literally everything..she is completely clueless, I was getting annoyed before with her watching who I was talking to and what I was wearing going out etc but I am really wound up that she thinks I should paint the fence for her...she has a fit and healthy daughter who should do hers for her
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2018, 10:42 AM
I had a brainwave idea

In that photo there is a brown gutter and just underneath the tiles a black gutter leading to the water butt

What about joining the two gutters together? yes? erm no. the gutters are fractionally at different heights so even with angle pieces of guttering they would not line up and the slopes are wrong as well.
Idea

Extend the black guttering and put in "T" piece in the brown one to meet up. Good idea Yes? would have been but they don't make "T" pieces only angles and down pile sections.

Just another example of builders without a brain cell between them to match up 2 gutter lengths

To alter it all is just not worth the gain of a longer gutter feed into a water butt.
Had another idea

Second thought

A bit of head scratching and a possible solution
Take down the brown gutter and fit a right angle section with a small gutter link piece to another right angle piece to hold the two angle sections together. at the opposite end to the picture below

Next raise up the lower end by putting the brackets higher on end and lower the other and hopefully join the whole lot up

By putting the angle section in the other end the whole gutter will have move along a bit. So I can either cut off the end or just put in a stop end

this is the end that needs to be raised and there is plenty of room to do that in and stick a stop end on. the very end is easily seen sloping down. Just needs the brackets repositioned

So eventually if all goes well the gutter feed to the water butt will have over doubled if not trebled in length filling it quicker

All in all not a difficult job I don't think, just a lot of fiddling to get it right
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >