View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Awww bless them, thing is if there was a problem, maybe better for them to get the work done and get moved back near family
Right, spoken to my aunty about the fact my neighbour can now stare into our house, she has said she used bamboo in pots so I said that to my mum and she agreed, she also asked which way my blinds were tilted so I went and opened them the other way to the way I normally have them which I think is slightly better..will see what mum thinks later, I really don't want to etch my window and really don't want voilles in the kitchen but it's the only options I can think of. I honestly don't know what can be so interesting but she was having a really good nosy! Bad enough she clicks what I am wearing, when I am going out and who with...I am honestly not that interesting!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2018, 02:33 PM
griff have you thought of window film we have it on our living room window pretty blue pattern and we put a white on on the bathroom window downstairs only halfway up on each. Let me see if I have a photo.

Forgot to say car went in for mot last Monday failed as we knew it would. Weren't in a hurry for the work and they are very busy so finally picked it up today. £588.

Not sure how well you can see it behind the beautiful flowers michael and maca bought me last time they visited.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180618_132509.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	6007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180618_132530.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	6008  
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Thanks Lynn, trouble is its the kitchen window so not sure with the steam of cooking it will come down??
Eeeeeekkkk that's a bill and a half!
Vet rung..no cancer yay!! Just built my shiny red wheelbarrow and whilst out there the side fence panel that was left propped in an unsecured post has blown down
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Good news griff.
Yes expensive but quite a few jobs done and worth nothing if not fixed. Still got life in it yet and easy to sell on if we want to.
Our film on the window in the bathroom withstands showers and baths.

Right 3 viewings Saturday.
This one first literally just back on the market this is exciting us. It has the option to put in an ensuite in one of the bedrooms. Main bathroom downstairs.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-73411367.html
Then this one.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-73411367.html
The one agent was meant to chase vendor about. she says she will accept £163,000 if we pay her legal expenses through our agent at just over £700. We think the garden will not suit or drive possibly but as i blew my top at them over not chasing it it wouldn't be polite to not view now.
Then this one the one we didn't get to view when we should of done in the week. Agent got hold of vendor viewing this at 12pm.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-66521905.html
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2018, 04:54 PM
that last one needs a lot of work done outside, even the meter cover is missing. even the inside could do with a bit of modernisation. Looks as if it needs a few thousand spent on it to bring it up to a reasonable living standard.

To me the first looks a better bet, depending on location-traffic noise etc.
Replace the side widow with a door/arch which could lead straight into a garage or utility room if built.

Looks also as if it has had a new roof which is a bonus. Anyway that is the one I would go for, subject to usual checks
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2018, 05:41 PM
All those things noted on the bungalow we are viewing last Barry. It is down a very quiet cul-de-sac and a sought after village. to be honest this is relatively good compared to a lot we have seen in not such desirable areas.
Most that we can see can be easily remedied such as taking up carpets, flooring such as lino etc., letterbox cover easily replaced plus the meter door.
It also has a large plot to it.
When we saw it from outside the roof is not that old nor the guttering or fascias. We shall see we are quite pro now at weeding out the what from the chaff.
The real test for it will be when see it in the flesh.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2018, 06:00 PM
I too love the first one
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Got a log burner not as big as ours but you can't have everything, plus fireplaces or fireplace in one of the bedrooms.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Oooo lovely, fingers crossed for you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Thanks griff knowing our track record we are not expecting miracles.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >