Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2017, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Um don't farmers use whistles. Their dogs go very far at times to heard the sheep and in howling gales.
And they have very good hearing.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
Wrong, simply because in an open field my dog might be up to a thousand meters away,
Does your transmitter work at 1,000m? What if it is not line of sight or there are objects that disperse the signal?
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Mine doesn't go beyond hailing distance. I'm responsible for her safety and safety means I keep her in sight. One question. If your dog is beyond hailing distance, how do you see the snake so that you can call her away?
Good point.
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Chris, my dogs actually do hundreds if not thousands of things, in fact since they watch me with far more intensity than I watch them, they are free to do anything they choose. I do not know if you take your dog to the same doggy off leash park everytime you take them out but this forest has 2200 miles of trails, we are not very limited here.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/gwj/about-forest

https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/gwj...73539&actid=34

The point is that I need to see a snake in order to use the collar to teach the dog that snakes are lethally bad, I would never do this training with a venomous snake. Now that the collar has done it's job the dog can be on their own where they belong as they would never find anything by walking next to my dead slow old bod..............
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 08:56 PM
The transmitter works to at least 5000 meters or 3.2 miles. I have actually tested mine out of line of sight to just over 1.5 miles or 2400 meters. It works infallibly as my dogs are always there when ask

https://dtsystems.com/products/remot.../spt-2430.html
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Nonsense, that said, some dogs do not belong off leash ever so you might have one of those.
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Again sometimes you do not want to give the tracker the aid of hearing, which forces them to use their minds and noses. I make it hard for them not easy, and they would not have it any other way.
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 09:18 PM
I do not use a shock collar exclusively, my unit also has a vibrator and siren which is used everyday to get them where I can see them if I choose.

Wolves should be left free in the forest or plains where they belong. Just my opinion and no one is going to change it. Also neutering dogs to take their spirit away is horrible.

Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
Chris, my dogs actually do hundreds if not thousands of things, in fact since they watch me with far more intensity than I watch them, they are free to do anything they choose..
Then why would you ever need correct/punish them?
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 11:20 PM
Again the collar I use has 5 functions, Beeper, Vibrate, Shock, run point mode and Tone. I use the beeper everytime I am out not for punishment but to tell them that I want them back and when they look for me I am hiding. This causes a hunt response in the dogs toward me, when you are being hunted by your own dog you will never be lost nor will they.

http://www.sportdog.com/dog-training...s/uplandhunter

It's only a shock collar if I choose it to be..................
Page 38 of 42 « First < 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 > Last »