Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 03:04 AM

Ollie had a play date today!!!

A friend of mine has a dog that we thought Ollie would do well with, so we planned a play date today. Ollie has fear aggression issues with other dogs when he first meets them. He'll lunge snarling at any strange dog, if they show any aggression back, he has issues being around them. but if they ignore him, he's cool right away. Well this dog, Rocky, is a breed that you have banned over there, and is supposed to be dog aggressive, and dangerous.... here's the result!

As you can see, Rocky and Ollie got along fantastically! I was so happy to find another dog that Ollie can play with! Rocky was a rescue dog from a Pit Bull rescue. My friend adopted him at 8 months old, he's about 2 now, and a sweet, well trained, sucky guy! He's ball crazy too!
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Awe what lovely pictures

Ollie looks like he has some Wheaten Terrier in him!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 03:27 AM
Originally Posted by Wheaten mad View Post
Awe what lovely pictures

Ollie looks like he has some Wheaten Terrier in him!
Thanks! He may, but he has a really wiry coat... I lean more towards Schnauzer, or Irish Terrier, mixed with Lab and/or Pit Bull... Whatever he is, it's sure a gorgeous mix!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Womderful photos, that really warmed my heart to see them enjoying themselves so much.

My Leon was attacked as a pup and has fear aggression with other dogs, but only in confined spaces, he is absolutely wonderful outside the house and he will try to play with other dogs like that...it really builds their confidence when they meet dogs that don't show any aggression doesn't it?

I had a friend that owned a pit bull many years ago, long before they were banned here but he was a pup when they started the rules about neutering and being muzzled in public. He was one of the softest natured dogs I have had the pleasure of knowing and it was such a shame to see him with his muzzle on, he didn't like it and it spoiled his enjoyment at walk time
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 10:43 AM
oh they are both lovely! and i always love seeing APBTs showing what the breed really are like, when treated in the right way! they made me smile
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Well, Rocky wasn't exactly treated well... He came from a suspected dog fighting ring in Ontario (3 provinces over) and was flown out here along with his kennel mate... Ontario has BSL, so no rescue would take them there, so they were almost euth before Pit Bulls for Life took them in, tho his kennel mate was too aggressive and had to be euth anyway (he was a bit older before being rescued, and looked as if he'd been in fights already...) like the Vicks dogs, he has overcome all odds to become the amazing, well trained, calm, confident dog he is today.

Ollie really needs to meet more confident, calm dogs and owners, the more he meets, the better he'll become... but most people run the other way when they see his big basket muzzle and hear my caution to not let their dog approach him fast.... uggh. but when we get a dog like Rocky and an owner willing to help, it really does make a difference!

it's funny, Ollie and Rocky are only about 2" apart in height, but Rocky is double the weight of my boy, and pure, solid muscle, not an ounce of fat. Ollie's really lean as well, but wow is Rocky built! It always surprises me how well built Pits, Amstaffs and Staffies are! and such gorgeous, loving generous dogs! And come on, who doesn't love a big bully grin!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Aww Bless 'em They are both gorgeous Looks like they both had a lovely time in the snow Thanks for sharing x
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Gorgeous pics