Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2018, 03:14 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 20th August

Another sleepless night so I thought I would do the Thread for want of something to do. Anyway, Good Morning!

Hope this finds you and your four legged friends all in fine fettle.

Lynn, a Summer House, self contained would be an excellent idea. Go for it!

Griff, I don't know what to advise with regard to your M and D. best to let them sort themselves out. Hope you haven't got a hangover this morning.

Well I am going to have another go at trying to sleep even if it is only for an hour or two. Amber will still want to be out in the morning fairly early and I have a large Tesco delivery at 10 am.

Hope you all have a lovely day later but in the meantime stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2018, 05:55 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow. Another early call from Dillon here this morning, doesn't need to go out but wants company another good reason for a bungalow.
I got the lie-in in bed today Gorden got up if not we sleep on the sofa.

Moyra sorry you are still not right health wise. Kazz's idea of a repeat prescription is a good idea mum use to do this as she couldn't afford to run out of her steroids. Have you seen the postal service prescription service they advertise on tele only recently. For some reason it will not let me copy and paste the link. Google pharmacy2u.
Off to Essex today to see a friend pop some silk flowers on the graves mum and dads, nans and Angela it will be funny not having anywhere to put anything for Gill as I am doing our sister. Then we will pop to the garden centre for coffee.
Today Jacky is trialling the sitter service for her husband who has huntington's We will pop back within 2 hours so she can check how things went and I will stay for another coffee and then stopping at Peters to pick up the Beswick horses and glass ware. He has an exchange and will be moving to Wales soon to be near his son and Grandson.
Loads of building going on in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire to so much land here and farmers are cashing in.

griff glad you enjoyed your evening. Yes marriage is a generational thing it was just starting people trialling living together more frequently around the late 70's when we got married but most still opted for the traditional church wedding.
I feel neither of our boys will marry and that's fine with us life has changed and as long as they are happy we are happy.
A lot of people love together then have children and decide to marry so they tend to opt for register office, which again is fine or if they can afford it these fancy venues. Personally so much money spent on a wedding is ridiculous if you can't really afford it much better uses for your cash just have something simple weddings were never that expensive back in the day.

brenda hope the shed sage is going well and Tyto is ok.
Harvey hope all is well with you.j
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2018, 07:14 AM
I didn't get to sleep in the end. I just listened to the radio until it was rime to get up. Now must take Amber out for her walk, she has had her breakfast and my washing is in and will probably be ready to hang out when I get back. I shall probably go back to bed after Tesco has delivered between 10 and 11 am.

I have my prescriptions delivered by my local pharmacy, but I will ask Trina if she can diarize my due date for the next lot. Thanks.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2018, 07:26 AM
Morning Moyra, I to had a sleepless night. And like you listened to the radio. Griif wonder why your mum and dad are at logger heads. I thought they had a grand time on holiday so why have things changed for them do you think? Tyto is okish today. Humidity high so very puffy. Lynn hope you get yourself sorted soon for a new abode. Have a good day all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Brenda, you are the second person who has said that to me this morning. Don't think anyone slept last night!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2018, 08:38 AM
I have just got so much on my mind at the moment. I am sure we catchup on our sleep the next night. bg!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Morning all, lol no hangover here... it's rare that I do get a hangover...4pints when out is my limit
Moyra, I do hope you get a bit of sleep in today
Lynn, I hope the sitter goes well for your friend, will be a good thing for her to get a little time to herself
Brenda, I too hope you get some sleep
I honestly have no clue... it's not just with my dad, it's me too.... this morning she said the cat had knocked his bowl off and I just said he likes his bowl at the other end and maybe it would suit him better at that end of the table at night time too...she got all snotty so I just said o.k and she started going off at me! She has rung to check the fence paint colour so I told her, and said if you check it on the colour chart you will see it, she went all snotty again...I really have no idea what I said
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2018, 08:05 PM
Slight Panic here earlier, the builders van turned up next door...I went out and made it obvious I had seen them and was watching, one was up and down the path, I watched and he let himself in...I knew he must have been allowed to be there as the lad next door had changed the locks, wasn't quite sure what to do as I don't have his number to call and ask
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Slight Panic here earlier, the builders van turned up next door...I went out and made it obvious I had seen them and was watching, one was up and down the path, I watched and he let himself in...I knew he must have been allowed to be there as the lad next door had changed the locks, wasn't quite sure what to do as I don't have his number to call and ask
Griff stay out of it...................suspect a deal has been or is being done if he has changed the locks.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Once I saw he had the new key it was fine with me Kazz, if he had tried the door and the key hadn't worked I would have told him to bog off. I can only assume that he has had them back to finish bits off, not sure if I would leave them unsupervised
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >