Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 10:41 AM

Digital Camera.

OH is looking for a new camera and quite fancies the 5-megapixel Kodak EasyShare DX7590 Zoom. Has anyone got this or know anything about it. He has found it on the internet for £222 inc vat including 1GB memory card,it is selling in Argos for £350 not including the memory card We,re not really camera buffs and currently have the Kodak easyshare DX6340 3.2 megapixel. Its a good little camera, but Dave just wants something a bit bigger and better (typical man). Any ideas please
gigi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Having a sister that knows about photography, i wouldn't go for a kodak. She is not too keen on the lenses or the quality of the camera!
If going digital she always recommends and olympus. I have one and so does my mum and they are good for value, have good lenses and are easy to use

BTW if u let me know what you're going to use the camera for maybe i will be able to help u a little better
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Hi gigi, thanks for that, just general picture taking really, including the dogs . I suppose Kodak is the first camera we have had and it has been pretty good so Dave thought try Kodak again. Have you any recommendations on Olympus?
gigi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-07-2005, 11:03 AM
are you looking for something with a fancy lens or just something simple that will go a long way?

Have a look at these also go on the olympus website

mju 410
c-60 zoom

I have the mini MJU and i think that it is really good to use also it fits in your pocket
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Not so bothered about a fancy lens, Dave uses his camera quite alot when he goes out walking, scenic shots really, he is also a bit of a bird fanatic (feathered variety) so would like to take some close ups of them. Apart from that we just use as general purpose really. Dave doesn,t really want a small camera, he's a big bloke 6 foot 4inch, and has shovels for hands
gigi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-07-2005, 11:56 AM
definately don't get the mini MJU.
Have a look at the others that i told u and let me know otherwise i will look more into it.
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks gigi will do
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 01:04 PM
you sort out which one you want
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Hi Kaz no not yet but going to have a look at the ones gigi has recommended, but the more the better have you got any recommendations
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Hi,

I have an Olympus camera and so does my brother, my olympus is about 5 years old now (D-360) and it is still going strong and giving me great pictures. My brothers is semi professional and a great point and shoot camera that also has other options

My friend had a Kodak and it has been back to the manufacturers more times then she has used it and the screen has gone for the 3rd time and they are now refusing to take it back so she has to get a new one out of her own pocket! I would NEVER go for a kodak, my grandparents are also havin trouble with their kodak

I also own 2 canon SLRs (not really for simple photography) but would recomend Canon to anyone, they are brilliant, quality camera but expect to pay a little more for one

Originally Posted by gigi
definately don't get the mini MJU.
Have a look at the others that i told u and let me know otherwise i will look more into it.
Gigi- I am ment to be picking my MJU Mini up on monday whats wrong with them or are you just joking? Please let me no if they are any good or not as i am currently in love with it :smt049

If anyone needs any advice on cameras id be happy to help, just PM me!
Frances
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >