Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by fredsdoghouse
the new laptops today have 512 -1024 mb ram 60 -80 gb hd donīt really need any upgrade ?
I would agree with this... and with most you can upgrade memory and hard disk and certain other things

Graeme
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2005, 10:40 AM
We have 3 desktops and 1 laptop. Can anyone tell me why??? Mr SB says they are necessary. I think he is telling fibs, but I can't prove it. All I know is that they seem to need upgrading (? yes?) more frequently that a dog needs de-fleaing, and then we have high blood pressure and blue language when they all resent having their insides fiddled with and go on strike :smt102
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Mr SB sounds like a sensible man to me. It's important to have at least 1 spare computer in case anything happens to the first one, and it's even wiser to have a spare spare. A laptop is obviously necessary if your spare spare fails and you need to test if it's a problem with the room that the spare spare is in.

Upgrading is also very important. Otherwise you are simply not maximizing your productivity.

Graeme
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Oh, I see, it is a conspiracy between you & Mr SB to decorate every flat surface in my home with ugly screens, boxes, disks, and the other indispensable acoutrements of the computer mafia.

I expect you too think money spent on these fripperies is better utilised than buying perfume, shoes, jewellery, gin, and the other necessities of life?

I say to you as I frequently say to Mr SB "pshaw" (he looks puzzled too)
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Oh, I see, it is a conspiracy between you & Mr SB to decorate every flat surface in my home with ugly screens, boxes, disks, and the other indispensable acoutrements of the computer mafia.

I expect you too think money spent on these fripperies is better utilised than buying perfume, shoes, jewellery, gin, and the other necessities of life?

I say to you as I frequently say to Mr SB "pshaw" (he looks puzzled too)
*looking puzzled*

If I hadn't given up drinking so I could afford more computers I'd almost agree with the gin though

Graeme
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2