Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 06:45 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 17th June.

Good morning everyone. I hope you and your four legged friends are all in good fettle.

Very dull and overcast out there this morning, still must away to get Amber walked.

Have a good day all, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2018, 10:03 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Dry day but breezy and warm.
Off to Mark and Lauren's in a bit for a bbq later and to meet one of Lauren's brothers, wife and children plus her dad.
Michael and Maca coming with us also.

Do you remember me saying Michael and Maca were looking into to moving to Madrid ? Well it's all full on Maca got confirmation her place of work will transfer her and they move on the 7th July.
Michael has some interviews lined up for when they get over there but has been saving for a while till he is able to find work.
They will move in with Maca's parents for a while while looking for a flat.

Will miss him but seeing how London is now will feel he will be safer in Madrid he gets on very well with Maca's family and friends so no need to worry on that score. He is also very excited about the move so he goes with our blessing and us knowing they have to make their own life and not feel guilty about us a downfall we came across.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 10:20 AM
That's great news Lynn for Michael and Maca. They will be far better off away from London the way things are going. I wish them well. Once they get settled in their own home you'll have somewhere nice for you to visit.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Morning all...just about!!
Lynn, have a lovely day and great news about Michael and maca
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Wonderful news Lynn for Michael and Mac and somewhere nice for you to holiday in the future. Hope your day goes well with all the family.

Teazle now home and sleeping in the sofa. Deadheaded some roses and done two machine loads of ironing - this is on top of the two I did yesterday!

We had a lovely holiday and the scenery was really spectacular. Paul, son, was spoilt for choice on the ship food wise and sometimes over ate but he soon learnt to take it easy and not have second helpings Between him and I we won a bottle of wine in a quiz so really pleased. The Norwegians are really friendly and speak English fluently. We also felt safe walking round on our own and sitting in cafes. It is definitely somewhere I would go again but perhaps to different places.

My neighbour was very good at looking after my veg plot and the plants are doing really well - except for my original raspberry bush which seems to be dying in parts. Will have to see if any of the fruit ripens and then cut is right back and see what happens.

Hope all are keeping well bot two and four legged

Hae a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Well, I have sent off for some details on a bungalow in Beccles, Suffolk, looks nice and has a lovely kitchen and bathroom with walk in shower which I need, so fingers crossed. You can see the details on "On the Market.com" and the property is in Townlands Drive, Beccles. If you get to see it let me know what you think. Steve started making excuses again but I have gone ahead with the request for information anyway.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Moyra, Steve is a big boy..if he wants to stay in the area you are now..let him, you really need to put yourself first, with Amber, you will always make friends wherever you go and if it is a property better suited to your needs then that's brilliant!! I hope you get it and will be very happy there
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Evening everybody thanks for all the good wishes for Michael and Maca felt funny saying goodbye from Mark and Laurens as it possibly the last time we will see him for awhile. He has said he will be home for christmas as usual. We are hoping to get to London as Mark would like to say goodbye properly and Joel also before they leave properly.
Talk about news for all of us so Michael and Maca and Madrid, Mark got a job he went for a month or so ago in Huntingdon (Wickes). Operations/assistant manager much nearer to home more money and a trade he knows well and us putting the house on the market. We hope our long goes as well as theirs.

We had a lovely afternoon and the dads got spoilt.

Sue glad you had a good holiday and Moyra good luck with the bungalow. Will take a look in a while.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2018, 05:58 PM
Just taken a look Moyra what a lovely bungalow.
I think you should bite the bullet and go for it. If Steve wants a room he will undoubtedly come if not I am sure he will be able to make other arrangements. I really feel you shouldn't put this off.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 06:09 PM
I think you put that's whole lot better than me Lynn.
Pleased you had a lovely day and brilliant news about the job...I am sure your house will fly and new starts all round
My dad has been abducted and switched..he has agreed whilst sober to go to America and on another cruise and when my mum said she would love to go to monkey world again but it's too far my dad said if she wants to go they will!! He has either been switched or is ill
Mum had a great time at longleat and is made up she went in the meerkat enclosure!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >