Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2021, 07:45 AM

Damp Tuesday 19th October

Good morning everyone

What a nightmare of a journey for you Kelly. At least you got home safe in he end.

Hope your neck improves for you Chris

Very miserable out there this morning but at least it stopped raining when I took Teazle out. The fitting of the kitchen worktops went well and they look lovely. Once the electrician, plumber and carpenter have finished in there and we have painted the walls that will be one room completely finished. Ben said he will buy the table and chairs he has seen that should fit so at least we will then have somewhere to sit and have lunch instead of the stairs

Hope all are well. Take care
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2021, 09:17 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow.

Wet and cold here, no great plans having started to sort the back garden its on hold for today.

Sue Going great guns by the sound of it.

Chris Ouch what do you think is causing it?

Lynn Have a stress free day today.

Griff As always have a good day. I wonder if simply getting older is affecting your Mom we are less courageous and more careful as we age. Hard when those we love change and alter their behaviours.

Brenda Enjoy your puppy training.

Moyra Driving again soon...................wowweeeee

Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2021, 09:42 AM
Morning Sue, Kazz and all to follow.
Must be wet everyhere same here to.
Quietish day Kazz sheets washing and drying and bed changing today. Dillon groom done involving a lot of bonios and Gorden holding them while I brush now.
Needs two of us these days.

griff glad you made in home safely must be a worry when buses get cut out that time of night.
Chris hope the neck gets better soon.
Sue the house is sounding lovely and all the hard work worth it.
Congratulations Moyra.

Stay safe everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2021, 11:56 AM
Training went ok. Typical young pup. Learning well though even for the first session. Overcast here but not cold.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2021, 11:57 AM
Afternoon all
I asked my dad if he had managed to get any answer out of mum as to why she won't go out, he just said she said that she was working, I pointed out that she's off Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday...so we shall see!
Yeah, I was a bit annoyed that the buses were missing, in the day it's not so bad as they are more frequent.
I think I am starting with a flare up...will take an extra half a steroid for a few days
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2021, 02:36 PM
Glad the training went well brenda.

A thought griff I use to be a carer years ago for a very short time.
There was a lady who and her husband and no one else ever got to the bottom of it well not while I helped care for her anyway and she had been the same way for years.
The story was she went to Romford as usual every week with her husband and this particular day got home changed into a nightie and went to bed.
That was it she never said why or how she felt we often wondered if he husband had something to push her over the edge, but whatever it was it was sad.
When I started helping look after her she had been in the bed years. Smoked like a trooper had a bucket beside the bed for cigarette ends her hair was still in the beehive the same as the day she went out.
Hadn't been washed for years we could only strip wash her while on a commode she was skin and bone.
Every kind of practitioner went in to assess her mental health workers you name it they tried and came up with nothing There was then a mental
hospital at the back of where they lived they took round a mobile machine to assess her brain waves and could find nothing wrong no tumours or anything similar.
A very very sad situation her husband still went weekly to Romford on the bus cooked her meals but was getting on in years himself so needed help physically with her.
She use to mess her and wet her bed so every time a carer went in it strip the bed and soak the bedding in the bath.
Whatever happened that day no one ever knew what it was that was done or said to put her in that state.

Not saying mum will end up the same that is a very rare case and the one and only time I have heard or seen such a thing.
You may never know though what has set it off and she may not even know herself she just knows she feels vulnerable for whatever reason.

Maybe mum is feeling very down and not sure how to cope the mind is a funny fragile thing.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2021, 03:46 PM
Lynn That is so sad,
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2021, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Training went ok. Typical young pup. Learning well though even for the first session. Overcast here but not cold.
What's the pups breed, name, age and colour need puppy information.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2021, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Afternoon all
I asked my dad if he had managed to get any answer out of mum as to why she won't go out, he just said she said that she was working, I pointed out that she's off Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday...so we shall see!
Yeah, I was a bit annoyed that the buses were missing, in the day it's not so bad as they are more frequent.
I think I am starting with a flare up...will take an extra half a steroid for a few days
Griff this sounds a bit like your Mom may well need help/support. This covid thing seems to of messed with peoples minds and being in the care home and hospital has
obviously knocked her confidence.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2021, 04:29 PM
Awwww Lynn, that's so sad!
Brenda, well done with the puppy training
In all honesty, I suspect it's laziness....as does Steve. She's meeting her friend in town Friday and I mentioned following on to get her covid booster and she just said no.....I will be out long enough thank you, it has to be either a Saturday or Monday so your dad can take me. She then mentioned a pre-booked Holiday and I just looked at her, if she hasn't gone out at least once a week every week by then .. well, they can cancel
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >