View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 11:56 AM
Lynn, I hope that the sun shines for Margaret on Wednesday. Michael probably is better off at home, he will feel closer to Margaret there too.
I have tried everything to tell my mum it's fine to go out, I mean goodness...I have had 2 jabs but don't have protection from covid, i still have things I have to do, medical appointments, vet visits etc, I have kept myself well. I spoke to her this morning and she is still refusing to see that her being home continually has caused this, still keeps going on about Michelle next door banging, that's not the issue at all, you can't go from having someone being with the dog constantly to suddenly leaving her alone. I have given her the option now, either she sorts it or no more Holidays! I have medical appointments coming up and they are face to face and if things aren't improved...I have to cancel, one of which I have been waiting for since march
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 12:10 PM
Hello everyone, Lynn, glad Dillon is still coping with his problems as you are. I have finally had my eyes tested again and am now waiting on new glasses. The optician assures me that she has tested me for the car registration plate test and so when I get my new glasses and get a date with DVLA for under going the test I should be able to pass it and get my new driving licence. Cannot wait for it to happen just another couple of weeks, fingers crossed. Give my lovely Dillon another cuddle from me. I had a tesco delivery this morning and the chap that came asked where my beautiful Labrador was. Seems he has not been the driver since new year when we lost my darling Amber. Still miss her terribly.

Have a good day all. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Good news about the glasses Moyra and that the optician says you will pass the test for DVLA.
I will give Dillon another cuddle he says thank you for them.
Brings sadness back when people do not realise your dog has gone and mention them. Hugs.

griff I hope the problems with mum get sorted mothers can be frustrating believe me I have had it first hand.
Hopefully with some patience she and you will get through it.

We are hoping for sunshine on Wednesday always seems just a little easier saying goodby if the sun is shining.
Going to be a hard day for us all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 12:33 PM
Good afternoon all.

Dull this morning, but no rain so all good.

We still take full precautions when we go out. Tables and chairs wiped down with disinfectant wipes, hands sanitised, masks on in shops if we have to go in even though we are exempt and struggle to wear them for more than a few minutes at a time.

In the flats where Gary is, masks have to be worn by all staff and visitors.

Just sensible precautions that makes us all feel a little safer
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 01:39 PM
Hope the eye test goes well Moyra
Chris, yes....my mask goes on at the bus stop and stays on until I get to Steve's where I take it off and sanitise my hands.....I just hope she snaps out of whatever it is soon
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 02:38 PM
Griff you may ever get an answer if she does not know sounds ie this whole things has petrified her
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Hello everyone, Lynn, glad Dillon is still coping with his problems as you are. I have finally had my eyes tested again and am now waiting on new glasses. The optician assures me that she has tested me for the car registration plate test and so when I get my new glasses and get a date with DVLA for under going the test I should be able to pass it and get my new driving licence. Cannot wait for it to happen just another couple of weeks, fingers crossed. Give my lovely Dillon another cuddle from me. I had a tesco delivery this morning and the chap that came asked where my beautiful Labrador was. Seems he has not been the driver since new year when we lost my darling Amber. Still miss her terribly.

Have a good day all. God bless.
Yeah, step1 moving well and step 2 son moving out.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Dull this morning, but no rain so all good.

We still take full precautions when we go out. Tables and chairs wiped down with disinfectant wipes, hands sanitised, masks on in shops if we have to go in even though we are exempt and struggle to wear them for more than a few minutes at a time.

In the flats where Gary is, masks have to be worn by all staff and visitors.

Just sensible precautions that makes us all feel a little safer
Hey Chris hope al is going well with you and yours. Is your granddaughter planning on coming up before Christmas?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 10:06 PM
She and her girlfriend came a few weeks ago and spent the night. 3 weeks later, they both got Covid so that could have gone badly wrong, but thankfully didn't.

Dave will take Gary over to see all the family in late November/early December - the Christmas run. Unfortunately, I can't go because I've a problem with my neck and after 15 mile or so I'm in agony. Doing physio at the moment, but so far it's doing more harm than good.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2021, 10:31 PM
Awww, sorry to hear about your neck Chris, I wonder would a chiropractor be a better option than a physio?? If I remember rightly, your daughter has just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia hasn't she?? Had a few things pop up about weighted blankets helping...if you are ever bored and fancy a Google
Nightmare trip from Steve's...got there as dad dropped mum off and picked me up, Molly saw her friend rex so was well happy, I left and got the bus fine at Steve's. I usually have 2-3 minutes to get the bus in town but nope ...every man and his dog got on and off the bus so I missed the 7pm one. There's a bus at 1924 so I wasn't too worried, bus disappeared off the app and I waited .no bus so called the traffic office, the fella there admitted they had trouble with not having enough drivers and so no...the bus wasn't running, there's another bus I can get but it involves a bit of walking, I thought it was a good idea to get that as at least I was out of the city centre ( don't want to get stabbed or shot!) That disappeared off the app and never showed so my dad ended up getting me!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2