Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2021, 08:17 AM

Morning. 11/10/21.

Good morning everyone another bright day, about to pop some washing in the machine in a bit.

Chris SSE haven't gone bust we have all our utilities with them including broadband and telephone. OVO is the their cheaper provider we changed to them when given the option of different packages.
Mark and Lauren's provider went bust and they received an email from Ofgem I think informing them and putting them with someone else for now as near to the package they already had.
In time they have the option to change if they want. Doing it that way meant they were not left without a provider and save them shopping around at the last minute.
Kazz hope you're feeling better today.
griff hope your neighbour has been quieter.
brenda hope you have a had a nice walk and that the day is brighter (weather wise).
Moyra have you heard anything about your eye test ?

Stay safe everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 09:18 AM
Morning, well certainly the weather is brighter, not sure about me? Reading a very sad book about a lady having onset dementia and the family having to deal with it. It is a fiction book but with lots to make me think what if? Been for a walk and have sorted out finances yet again. Hope everyone has a good day and has sun. Take care all. Just heard from daughter in USA and she says she is sitting in the airport waiting for her flight to take her to the Grand Canyon and Upper Antelope Canyon. Ok for some. bg!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2021, 09:53 AM
Morning brenda. Sounds a sad book and although the book is fiction it happens in reality. Sure does make you think.
Lucky daughter.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 10:30 AM
Good morning all.

Sunny day here, but only a very, very short walk this morning as Rosie hasn't been too well.

She's been sick 6 times since 4 pm yesterday and I'm guessing she picked something up in the park that she shouldn't eat. I slept on the sofa last night so that I could keep an eye on her.

She is much better this morning though and disappointed in not getting the longer walk. Always better safe than sorry though.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2021, 10:43 AM
Morning Chris sorry to hear Rosie has been unwell. Hoping she is on the road to recovery now.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 11:04 AM
Good morning all

Not any better in fact the worst night I have had so far feel really poorly.

Anyhow

Lynn I have my washing on the line (hard work today) what are you other plans? And did you decide when Gorden will retire?

Chris Oh dear what a worry for you, hope she is feeling a bit better. How is the rest of the family? and how are you?

Brenda Hope your daughter has a good trip sounds amazing when did she make a move to the USA? my cousin went for University and stayed, 40 years later he still sounds black country boy with a American type twang which disappears when talking to family or visiting here. His wife is American and they are on the move when the covid thing settles as he has retired now. Your book sounds like it is making you think I would recommend the book "The Carer" by Deborah Moggach totally captured me, and made me laugh out loud.

Griff have you got the car sorted out yet?

Sue Hope you managed to get done what you wanted yesterday and are not still there working. Freedom day to Brazil from today I believe as well.

Moyra Hope you are having a good day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2021, 11:44 AM
Afternoon Kazz sorry you are feeling no better. Fingers crossed you do soon.
We are waiting for revised figures to see if it is viable for him to retire in March instead of July, which would officially be September for him when the new academic year starts.
He works enough days through the year even though semi retired to take the end of July off and the whole of August.
If it's only a matter of a few pounds lost monthly on his pensions, private ones and a few pounds off his lump sums he may as well retire earlier.
So a waiting game hopefully not to much longer till we can make the final decision on when. It will definitely be happening next year either way.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 12:34 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope Rosie is soon better

Also hope you are now on the mend Kazz

Lynn sending parcels abroad is fraught with all kinds of complications and different each time. It seems they move the goal posts to suit themselves

Brenda you had better find a happy book next time hope your daughter enjoys her travels

Yes Kazz did all that we had to and a bit more. Bathroom painted, first coat of emulsion on Ben’s office walls and also walls of one bedroom. Sitting at the house now as they are fitting to vinyl to the bathroom and en-suite. I did mist most of the walls in the new lounge but run out of paint and can’t mix anymore at the moment.

It is planned that the family will come over when the house is finished and then Flavia will return leaving to two eldest children here. Shame they have to be split but she has to finish a course she is doing and also visa will have to be sorted

Hope all are well. Take care
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2021, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post

It is planned that the family will come over when the house is finished and then Flavia will return leaving to two eldest children here. Shame they have to be split but she has to finish a course she is doing and also visa will have to be sorted

Well how brilliant having your grandchildren close and then all of them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2021, 01:35 PM
Afternoon Sue wow the house is coming along at a pace.
It will be lovely to have them all here but a shame his wife will have to return for a while.
Nice the children will remain with you.

I have found the receipt and certificate of posting and have taken a photo of them and sent them to Michael.
He will decide on whether the parcel is worth paying the price they want if it is more than Maca thinks it will be.
I did mention to him the scam I have had in the past pretending to be Royal mail and they are holding a parcel and they need £2.99 to redeliver. Not sure it's the same type of thing though as this was a card left in their letterbox.
We will see when he gets down there to sort it one way or the other.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >