Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2021, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hope that cold does one soon Kazz.
Glad the nasal spray is working better Chris.
Glad you enjoyed your coffee out griff.

I said yes no arm twisting needed.

Had a message from Michael the parcel I posted back in July had not arrived today they checked their letterbox they are downstairs in the communal area and found a note saying the parcel needed picking up and a fee to pay.
We paid £11 for that to be sent and as far as I can remember there is no dairy in there so I am wondering if they are charging for the dog treats you are not allowed to take meat into Spain from the UK.
Other than that there are marmite portions, jelly beans sherbet flying saucers and some little gifts for Maca's Birthday was was back in July.
Michael is going down in the week to see how much they want and whether it is worth paying.
I have steam coming out of my ears. All things I have previously sent with no problems.
It is getting ridiculous trying to send gifts to loved ones abroad these days.

We popped out for a coffee earlier and a wander round a garden centre.
Bit a a rip off by the sounds of it. Can you not send the marmite (as a marmite lover myself of course) via amazon and avoid the charges?

Did you buy anyhing?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Bought some new slippers.
Amazon is terrible now to send anywhere in Europe the charges are expensive and are still subject to possible checks.
That's why I went back to Royal Mail this end.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2021, 07:28 PM
My neighbour is home!!!!
Lynn, mum sent all manner of stuff to her cousin in Spain, I think she sent stuff she shouldn't and just omitted it from the declaration, if they open it, they just remove the stuff....I think
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2021, 07:40 PM
Nothings a surprise anymore you have to fill in a sticker stating what's in the parcel then give it back to the person behind the counter and they stick it on the parcel.
No omitting anything now, when I first sent parcels over you didn't have to it's all the brexit stuff now as we are no longer in the european union these things now have to be done same as with amazon they do customs checks and charge the earth to send the stuff.
Michael and Maca cannot take cheese back into Spain or any dairy.
The lorry drivers were getting caught out to last year if there sandwiches contained meat or dairy the contents had to be removed.
I make sure nothing is in the parcel that shouldn't be there but I am wondering if it's the little bag of dog treats ?
I sent them a few months ago and all was fine so who knows I am just a bit miffed as it's not cheap to send things over in the first place.
Not being able to send gifts is upsetting and annoying.

Glad your neighbour is home griff.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2021, 08:42 PM
Gary got a letter yesterday saying his electric supply was switching from SSE to Ovo (?) so I guess SSE has bit the dust.

We are with Bulb and I know they are teetering on the edge.

At the rate it's going, we'll all be back with the original providers again
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2