Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 11:15 AM

Daily Natter - 9/10/2021

Good afternoon all.

Very quiet today so I thought I'd kick us off.

Nice day. Flu jabs for both me and OH done. Medications picked up and the chemist has come up with the same nose drops, but in nasal spray form that Gary can use himself. Cost a fiver, but saved us more in fuel so all good.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 11:15 AM
Been out with the four legged one and from a distance due to this devil of a cold I have saw my sister she was birdwatching (I know how did I get a younger sister with a hobby like that) well she saw me she had the binoculars it was about 6.15 this morning and by the time she worked her way round to me it was 7.30am Gert could not believe her luck and spent a good 40 minutes then running across the 1/2 mile track between us…luckily she choose to stick with me to come home with but think I was in a close run race for her heart. LOL

Home and then popped to pick up a small C&C shopping from Asda orange juice and some fruit, oh and a tub of Mackie Ice-cream. (if you have never tried I highly recommended) did not want to pass this cold onto anyone so C&C and wore gloves and wiped down as well. I know its a cold/virus but it is a b*gger.

Back home and a cup of coffee and not hungry but a bit of toast and marmite eaten. Done some dusting in the living room and need to vacuum the stairs/landing but maybe later or tomorrow I feel like I could but do I want to…

Dog on her bed but considering going out I think as she has left a carrot outside, I think I will spend this day catching up with some easy watch Sky+ and maybe browsing Amazon.

Morning Chris and all to follow have a good day all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 11:27 AM
Kazz, dust isn't going anywhere and only comes back so a job for another day lol
Chris, pleased you got the spray version of the drops...I wonder why the hospital didn't just give Gary those. I know I shouldn't laugh but it did make me chuckle about him being up to no good
Neighbours still in hospital, her stoma isn't working... hasn't for 2 weeks now, I don't know what's going to happen but found out there's no stoma nurses at the weekend!! A university trauma hospital too...I am amazed
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Kazz, dust isn't going anywhere and only comes back so a job for another day lol
Chris, pleased you got the spray version of the drops...I wonder why the hospital didn't just give Gary those. I know I shouldn't laugh but it did make me chuckle about him being up to no good
Neighbours still in hospital, her stoma isn't working... hasn't for 2 weeks now, I don't know what's going to happen but found out there's no stoma nurses at the weekend!! A university trauma hospital too...I am amazed
Wow that's SCARY Griff I have two good friends who have stomas and due to youthful exuberance I have been to hospital over the years with them both and can't recall ever not seeing a stoma nurse....with them and that was in the 80's mind you they both had a good handle on their health just we had a young mindset and tomatoes and any seeds are a no go. for one of my friends.

Sure your neighbour will be fine.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 11:47 AM
Cost, Kelly. The spray is more expensive that the drops

Oh your poor neighbour. How ridiculous for specialty nurses not to be on the weekend rota. I thought that they sorted that situation out years ago

Colds are the worst. Hope you are over yours soon Kazz
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

This is a proper old fashioned head cold complete with razor blade throat I must admit the way I look and sound I would be keeping a distance as well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Thanks have just discovered Encounters Third Kind on just caught it so recording never seen it.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 01:21 PM
Well good afternoon all. I have finished my book and it was one of those where I didn't want it to come to an end. Brilliantly written and so good. Now onto another one by a different author Santa Montefiore called Here and Now hope it is worth reading. Bye all get well soon Kazz. Hugs to anyone else that needs one. I am not a hugger but know some people like them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2021, 03:51 PM
Evening everyone.
Had a quiet day today tidying the garden and starting to move things around ready for Autumn.
Yesterday after my niece and her husband left we popped out for coffee and bread, then came home to sort the beds.
It was lovely having Angela and Peter here Thursday evening we had dinner in the cabin and sat out there till around 11 pm drinking wine and laughing and chatting and reminiscing.
They went back to Michal's Friday took him shopping and had some lunch with him. Today is the week anniversary of losing Margaret but we felt it best to maybe leave him to his thoughts today we will all be checking in on him tomorrow and in the week by phone. He is coping a little better now and eating better and sleeping back in his bed.
It has been a hectic week and we are all shattered. Just the funeral to get through now 20th that's going to be a sad day especially for him.

Chris sorry to hear about Gary so glad to hear his nose isn't broken.
Hope you feel much better soon Kazz.
griff hope you're doing well.
brenda glad you enjoyed your book.

Stay safe everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 03:54 PM
Lynn that Summer House is proving to be a bonus room as the Americans call it, glad it was a nice evening and I suspect your brother is pleased to have the support.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >